An entirely new training course designed for anyone with an interest in alternative fuels and advanced vehicle technologies was introduced January 18 by the NAFTC titled "Clean Air and Energy Independence, an Overview of Alternative Fuels".
Prepare For The Future Today By Learning About The Newest Automobile Technologies At NAFTC
The National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium | The National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium
The National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium (NAFTC) develops curricula and disseminates training about Alternative Fuel Vehicles (AFVs) and Advanced Technology Vehicles to students, fleet managers, automotive trainers, pre- and in-service technicians and others in the AFV/Advanced Technologies field, and educates consumers about AFVs and advanced technology vehicles, which increases our nation's energy security and improves our air quality by reducing greenhouse gas emissions from our transportation system.
An entirely new training course designed for anyone with an interest in alternative fuels and advanced vehicle technologies was introduced January 18 by the NAFTC titled "Clean Air and Energy Independence, an Overview of Alternative Fuels". The curriculum was beta tested by the NAFTC at Wake Technical College in Raleigh, NC. The 2 ½ day course provides an introduction to the many issues and technologies relating to alternative fuels/advanced vehicle technology.
Other training classes/modules available from the NAFTC include:
- Natural Gas Vehicles: System Integration and Service
- Propane Vehicle Training
- Transient Emissions Testing
- Forklift and Material Handling AFV Applications
- Heavy-Duty Gaseous Fuel Applications
- Natural Gas Vehicles: CNG Cylinder Inspection and Certification
- Liquefied Natural Gas Vehicles (LNG)
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicles: Technician's and Fleet Manager's Guides (under development)
- Overview of Ethanol Vehicle Training
- Overview of Biodiesel
Founded in 1992, the NAFTC is headquartered at West Virginia University and presently consists of 25 National Training Centers (NTCs) located nationwide from New York to California. Each NTC provides Training with Impact through its experienced instructors and real world shop facilities. Approximately 60 Affiliate and Associate members also support the NAFTC's mission.
The NAFTC and its network of National Training Centers have:
- Conducted the two largest AFV events ever - National AFV Day Odyssey 2002, which was held at 51 sites in 31 states nationwide. National AFV Day Odyssey 2004, held at 53 sites nationwide in 34 states with nearly 25,000 attendees and 24 million reached through media.
- Conducted the opening Workshop at several US DOE National Clean Cities Conferences
- Developed 13 major curricula for alternative fuel vehicles
- Trained over 5,500 technicians/students/others nationwide
- Delivered over 550 courses and workshops
- Strengthened alliances with regional fuel providers and local industries
- Enhanced liaisons with automobile manufacturers,
- Enhanced alliances with aftermarket retailers within a NTCs region
- Expanded AFV curriculum development
The NAFTC has developed many training and public awareness products that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Course instruction materials for alternative fuels vehicles and advanced technology vehicles - natural gas, propane, electricity, ethanol, biodiesel, heavy-duty gaseous fuels, and hybrid
- Supplemental course materials such as CD-ROMs, videotapes, checklists and similar instructional aids
- National teleconferences
- Information workshops for decision makers in the public and private sectors
- National newsletter
- Web site providing data and AFV information
The NAFTC seeks to broaden its programs, provide more involvement at the local level in each of our service areas, and expand our sources and network of support. Please visit our web site at www.naftc.wvu.edu for a training schedule and additional information about our programs.
This post does not have any comments. Be the first to leave a comment below.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in before you can post a comment. Login now.
Get an efficient power supply system based on lithium technology and receive 12V/24V and 230V/50Hz simultaneously.
The Clayton Power lithium battery system can be charged from the mains via a G3 Combi - inverter/charger, an alternator while driving or from other power sources.
Our lithium ion batteries can be connected in parallel to achieve scalable power capacity and output. Connect more inverters or inverter/chargers to get a greater 230V output and even faster charging times.
The G3 Combi - Inverter/Charger series, is a combined 230V power supply and intelligent multi charger in one compact unit.
Lithium Ion Batteries
Built-in Battery Management System. 12V and 24V - 100Ah. Scalable up to 2000Ah.
+ Powerful + Low weight + Long lifetime + Fast charging
Clayton Power | Lithium Battery Systems for Mobile, Off-Grid and Storage Solutions