The technical advances of cost effective PV and advanced storage along with the legislative changes must occur if the industry is to grow rapidly enough to become a significant component of the world's future energy portfolio in the next 15 to 20 years (i.e. PV supplying more than 20% of the world's electricity). Advances in any of the three areas will certainly help and will benefit the industry as a whole, but ALL three are necessary if PV is to take its place as the most flexible, cost effective and distributed form of energy and all three are necessary to accelerate the transition to a post fossil fuel economy.
Where the Solar PV Industry Needs to Go - Now!
Peter Lynch | Sun Series
- New innovative cost effective PV technology
- More advanced electricity storage technology
- Rational Common Sense Legislation that is investor friendly as opposed to the current legislation that is investor “unfriendly”. This is clearly demonstrated, by the recent last minute paltry one year extension of the extremely successful U.S. Treasury Grant in lieu of tax credit legislation.
- Low CapEx - A low cost per watt manufacturing facility (CapEx)
- High Efficiency - A high conversion efficiency, without concentration
- Low Cost Per Watt - A low cost per watt of manufactured product
He can be reached via e-mail at: SOLARJPL@aol.com. Please visit his website for the promotion of solar energy – www.sunseries.net.
This post does not have any comments. Be the first to leave a comment below.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in before you can post a comment. Login now.