Solar Technology Leader to Exhibit Next Generation Commercial and Residential Inverters, Launch Educational Web Sites
ROCKLIN, Calif., Sept. 17, 2008—SMA America, Inc., the United States subsidiary of global solar technology giant SMA Solar Technology AG, will unveil its newest, most innovative products at the Solar Power International conference, scheduled Oct. 13-16 at the San Diego Convention Center. In addition to exhibiting its next generation Sunny Central 250U commercial inverter and Sunny Island 5048U inverter, SMA America will further demonstrate its commitment to promoting renewable energy solutions at all levels by officially launching two educational Web sites: Solar-is-Future.com and Solar-is-Future.com/Kids. At booth number 1031, SMA America also will provide a sneak peak of its residential inverter of the future.
"We are very excited to once again unveil industry-leading products at Solar Power International," says Jurgen Krehnke, president and general manager of SMA America. "We look forward to a great show in San Diego as the momentum in renewable energy, particularly the solar industry, has clearly reached critical mass in 2008."
Products that will be showcased by SMA America this year include:
• Sunny Central 250U: The next generation Sunny Central 250U central inverter is ideal for large-scale commercial photovoltaic (PV) systems. It delivers industry-leading efficiency—97 percent (CEC weighted) and 97.5 percent (peak)—along with an integrated isolation transformer and updated user interface with an intuitive graphical LCD display.
• Sunny Island 5048U: The Sunny Island 5048U creates continuous, reliable off-grid power from renewable sources such as solar, wind, and hydro for village electrification. It provides uninterrupted power of 5,000 watts at 120VAC at 25°C (or 77°F) and features a new interface that makes on-site configuration quick and simple.
• Next Generation Residential Inverter: SMA's residential inverter of the future features a slim-line design for installation between wall studs, making it perfect for new residential construction and retrofitting. While sporting a new and exciting look, this innovative inverter will offer the superior reliability and top efficiency for which SMA's inverters are known.
• Solar-is-Future.com: Solar-is-Future.com is a user-friendly, educational Web site that uses animation, illustrations and descriptions in easy-to-understand language to explain how solar energy can be harvested and utilized. At the site, visitors can research the benefits of solar power, access background information about PV system installation and utilize the Solar Power Professional Search, which allows users to locate solar power system installers by zip code.
• Solar-is-Future.com/Kids: Solar-is-Future.com/Kids is an online solar resource designed specifically for children. In addition to providing a wealth of information about solar power, this site features interactive diagrams, games and animation.
About Solar Power International
Solar Power International, previously called Solar Power Conference and Expo, is the premier solar event in the United States. Created in 2004 by the Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA) and Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), Solar Power International provides an opportunity for the solar industry to interact with potential customers, policymakers, investors and other parties necessary for continued rapid growth. This year, the event will feature more than 400 exhibitors and will draw about 15,500 attendees. More information about Solar Power International is available at www.solarpowerconference.com.
About SMA America, Inc.
SMA America, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of SMA Solar Technology AG, based in Germany. With more than three gigawatts installed, SMA is the world leader in solar inverter technology and manufacturing with divisions in nine countries on four continents. SMA is committed to its leadership role, offering exceptional value with the most efficient and reliable solar inverters in the industry. SMA takes special pride in promoting renewable energy solutions at all levels through education, information and support for the general public and solar installers, as well as for small and large businesses worldwide. For more information, call (916) 625-0870 or visit www.SMA-America.com.
# # #