Whilst stimulus dollars and new incentives have helped the US solar industry stay strong during the worst global recession of a generation, significant red tape and hurdles still need to be overcome in project development in order for the market market to realize its vast potential.
San Francisco, CA March 5, 2010 – Solar power is fast becoming big business in the US. Whilst stimulus dollars and new incentives have helped the US solar industry stay strong during the worst global recession of a generation, significant red tape and hurdles still need to be overcome in project development in order for the market to realize its vast potential.
It's off the back of the continued challenges to get project off the ground without costly delays that New Solar Today will be hosting the Large Scale Solar Power Legislation, Regulation & Policies Conference on May 3-4 in San Francisco. Full information is available on this link - http://www.newsolartoday.com/info/29
Leading industry experts including Abengoa Solar, DOE, Arizona State Land Department, Colorado Governor's Energy Office, California ISO, BLM, California Public Utilities Commission, PG&E, Progress Energy, NV Energy, Colorado Springs Utilities and many more will share their expertise and give first class practical information on how to navigate the regulatory hurdles in solar project development across the US.
They'll be addressing the core day to day challenges facing the industry including:
• Energy and Climate Legislation: Hear the latest information on the pending climate legislation that will affect the future of your solar business
• Solar Policies That Work: FiTs, competitive RFO's and tax incentives - Discover which policy frameworks across the US and from around the world are the most successful at stimulating solar growth
• State by State Siting and Permitting Guide: Gain a thorough understanding of the requirements and processes you have to go through to get the required permits you need to start solar projects in key states across the USA
• Plugging Solar Into The Grid: Discover what you need to know about the plans that are in place to improve the US transmission system and enable smoother integration of renewable energy into the grid
• Securing Long Term Utility Partners: Understand how critical solar is to hitting the Renewable Portfolio Standards in 27 states across the USA – and how you can leverage this to secure long term contracts for your projects
Fred Morse, Senior Advisor, US Operations Abengoa Solar and the Conference Chairman recently said of the event that "the Large Scale Solar Power Legislation, Regulation & Policies Conference will be covering many of the core topics pertaining to the development of utility-scale solar power. It should be a very worthwhile for all industry professionals who want to get such projects built in the US".
Tinu Isaac, Director at New Solar Today continues, "Every large scale solar power project faces significant regulatory requirements that must be met in order to get approval. Knowing how to navigate these regulatory hurdles is absolutely crucial to the development of the solar industry in the US and beyond. As the industry's premier project development forum anyone serious about doing business in the solar industry needs to be in San Francisco in May".
Bringing together key industry stakeholders including solar developers, manufacturers, utilities, regulators, federal and state agencies and attorneys to meet, learn and do business, this meeting will zone into every element of project development success without costly delays. Full information is available now at http://www.newsolartoday.com/info/29
New Solar Today
Toll Free from USA: 1-800-814-3459
Worldwide: +44 20 7375 7166