MEDIA ADVISORY For May 10-12, 2010, Washington, D.C. World's Premier Energy Efficiency Forum: Alliance to Save Energy's EE Global Conference -- http://eeglobalforum.org/ --
WHAT: The Alliance to Save Energy's Energy Efficiency (EE) Global Forum and Exposition - the world's premier energy efficiency forum - is a gathering of world-class business, technology, government and policy leaders focusing exclusively on energy efficiency.
Media can now register, free of charge, at http://eeglobalforum.org/media-registration.php.
Building on the success of last year's conference in Paris, EE Global 2010 offers even more interactive sessions, more networking opportunities and a fresh approach to the traditional exhibition hall: The Solutions Showcase (http://eeglobalforum.org/showcase.html).
WHO: More than 70 world-class public- and private-sector speakers (http://eeglobalforum.org/symposium-confirmed-speakers.php) for four plenary sessions and 20 concurrent Executive Dialogue sessions. The latter concentrate on four key areas of energy end use: consumers, buildings, industry and utilities and transportation and urban planning. (Links to agenda details at http://eeglobalforum.org/symposium-plenary.php#30.)
EE Global expert speakers include:
• European Alliance of Companies for Energy Efficiency in Buildings Secretary General Amanda Afifi;
• European Commission Joint Research Centre Principal Administrator Paolo Bertoldi;
• Buildings Performance Institute Europe Executive Director Dr. Tudor Constantinescu;
• Transportation for America Director James Corless;
• European Parliament Member Lena Ek of Sweden;
• Clinton Climate Initiative, Jan Hartke;
• International Energy Agency Deputy Executive Director Ambassador Richard Jones and Senior Policy Analyst for Efficiency in Buildings Jens Laustsen;
• ENERGY STAR Commercial and Industrial Branch, Climate Protection Partnerships Division, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Director, Jean Lupinacci;
• City of Charlottesville, Va., Mayor Dave Norris;
• Institute for Construction, Chile, Executive Director José Pedro Campos Rivas;
• Federal Energy Regulatory Commissioner Jon Wellinghoff;
• U.S. Department of Energy's Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Assistant Secretary Cathy Zoi;
• Executives of 1E, Danfoss, Duke Energy, Econoler, Electricite de France, Hannon Armstrong Capital, Intel, Pulte, Schneider Electric, Trane, Siemens, United Technologies, Whirlpool and more; and
• Many additional noteworthy representatives of academia, foundations, industry associations, local governments, NGOs and labor.
WHERE: Washington, D.C., Convention Center
WHEN: May 10-12, 2010
MEDIA CONTACTS: Ronnie Kweller (202) 530-2203; firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Schattner (202) 530-4346; email@example.com
The Alliance to Save Energy is a coalition of prominent business, government, environmental and consumer leaders who promote the efficient and clean use of energy worldwide to benefit consumers, the environment, the economy