The Energising South East Asia Conference and Exhibition, to be held in Perth, Western Australia, 23-26 March 2011, is on track to become Australia's largest sustainable energy expo, says the organiser, the Sustainable Energy Association of Australia (SEA)
The Energising South East Asia Conference and Exhibition, to be held 23-26 March 2011 in Perth, Western Australia, is on track to become Australia's largest sustainable energy expo, says the organiser, the Sustainable Energy Association of Australia (SEA).
‘The Energising SEA expo has attracted overwhelming interest, so much so that part way through the organisation of the event last year we had to double the floor space available for exhibitors,' says Lisa Murray, Membership and Events Manager for SEA.
‘The event will easily be the largest sustainable energy expo ever held in Western Australia, and is shaping up to be the largest expo to showcase renewable energy and energy efficiency ever held in Australia.
‘Around the world, growth in renewable energy investments is now greater than any other form of energy source,' says Prof Ray Wills, SEA Chief Executive.
‘Global investment in renewables is around $US160 billion and this burgeoning of global effort in green energy is underwriting interest in the Energising SEA expo,' he says.
‘Asia continues to be the fastest growing market in clean tech, with investments now in excess of $US40 billion. For example, China alone now has 42.3 GW of wind power, and has surpassed the US in terms of total installed capacity of wind.'
‘Australia is lagging behind the world in both renewable energy investment and carbon pricing, as highlighted this week by Prof Ross Garnaut in his first update of the Garnaut Climate Change Review. But, interest is strong - as it should be in the nation with the world's best renewable energy resources.'
‘Indeed recent reports suggest Australia has the potential to produce some of the world's cheapest renewable energy, and to meet all its energy demands by 2050,' says Prof Wills.
The location of this expo in Western Australia targets Perth's participation in the World Energy Cities Partnership (WECP), a collaboration of 16 "energy cities" around the world.
Local company Swan Energy has backed the Sustainable Energy Association of Australia's event to become the Platinum Sponsor of the expo.
Other enterprises are also offering substantial support with City of Perth, Horizon Power, Hyundai Heavy Industries and UNLTD Energy, generously supporting as Gold Sponsors.
SEA Media Release - 4 February 2010
1. The Sustainable Energy Association of Australia (SEA) is a chamber for all enterprises from all industries supporting sustainable energy, and the fastest growing energy industry body in Australia. www.seaaus.com.au.
2. Garnaut Climate Change Review Update Paper 1: Weighing the costs and benefits of climate change action http://www.garnautreview.org.au/update-2011/update-papers/up1-key-points.html
3. Australia could lead with world's cheapest renewable energy Australia has the potential to produce some of the world's cheapest renewable energy, meeting all its energy demands by 2050. http://www.wwf.org.au/news/australia-could-lead-with-worlds-cheapest-renewable-energy/
4. World Energy Cities Partnership (WECP) is a collaboration of 16 "energy cities" around the world http://www.energycities.org/
5. SEA bringing you the Energising South East Asia Conference and Exhibition, 23-26 March 2011, a sustainable energy conference and expo Perth, Western Australia. www.energisingsea.com.au