Energising SEA expo 23-26 March 2011 in Perth Western Australia is an international conference dealing with Australian and SE Asian markets and is proving to be of interest to businesses across the region as exhibitors.
Energising South East Asia Conference and Exhibition 23-26 March 2011 at the Perth Convention Exhibition Centre will be by far the largest event of its kind ever held in Western Australia, and one of the largest sustainable energy expos ever held in Australia.
The conference will be opened by Hon. Peter Collier, Minister for Energy in Western Australia and feature other keynote speakers including:
• Hon. Greg Combet AM, MP, Federal Minister for Climate Change and Energy Efficiency,
• Mr. Y.H. Bae, Vice President of Green Energy, Hyundai Corporation,
• Mr Kwanshik Cao, Vice President, Airconditioning and Energy Solutions, LG Electronics,
• Professor Peter Newman, Professor of Sustainability at Curtin University, Board of Infrastructure Australia, and lead author on Transport for the IPCC
• Dr Tony Wilkins, Manager Environment and Climate Change, News Limited, and
• Mr Kenichiro Wada, Senior Expert, EV Business Office, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation.
The conference is an international conference dealing with Australian and SE Asian markets and is proving to be of interest to businesses across the region as exhibitors.
‘Around the world, growth in renewable energy investments is now greater than any other form of energy source,' says Prof Ray Wills, SEA Chief Executive.
According to a recent report from the United Nations, investment in renewable energy hit $180-$200 billion in 2010, up from the previous high of $162 billion invested in the year 2009.
The latest report on clean energy predicts investments in Brazil, China and India are expected to fuel global investments in clean energy in 2011 that are expected to reach $240 billion.
Increased investments in sustainable energy is gaining momentum as governments turn to domestic sources of renewable as a more secure source of energy, and ultimately a cheaper source of energy that will protect against the price shock of rising oil prices.
‘The burgeoning of global effort in green energy is underwriting interest in the Energising SEA expo,' says Prof Wills
The conference will include the SEA Awards for Excellence and Innovation 2011. These awards from the Sustainable Energy Association of Australia (SEA) honour outstanding achievement in the advancement and adoption of renewable energy technologies across Australia
The location of this expo in Western Australia targets Perth's participation in the World Energy Cities Partnership (WECP), a collaboration of 16 "energy cities" around the world.
Local company Swan Energy, one of Australia's leading providers of large scale, commercial solar power stations, has backed the Sustainable Energy Association of Australia's event to become the Platinum Sponsor of the expo.
Other enterprises are also offering substantial support with City of Perth, Horizon Power, Hyundai Heavy Industries and UNLTD Energy, generously supporting as Gold Sponsors.
Silver Sponsors of the event are Greensense, SMA and Sunpower, and Bronze Sponsors are HAC, Landcorp, and the Western Australian Government through the Office of Energy.
‘Around the world, growth in renewable energy investments is now greater than any other energy investment - and Energising SEA will showcase support a more sustainable approach to energy generation and energy use,' says Prof Wills.
SEA Media Release - 9 March 2011
1. Global clean energy investments to rise in 2011 - UN http://af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFLDE71M18220110223
2. World Energy Cities Partnership (WECP) is a collaboration of 16 "energy cities" around the world http://www.energycities.org/
3. The Sustainable Energy Association of Australia (SEA) is a chamber for all enterprises from all industries supporting sustainable energy, and the fastest growing energy industry body in Australia. www.seaaus.com.au.
4. SEA bringing you the Energising South East Asia Conference and Exhibition, 23-26 March 2011, a sustainable energy conference and expo Perth, Western Australia. www.energisingsea.com.au