The Scholarship Awards will be presented at the 2013 GRC Annual Meeting and GEA Energy Expo.
The Geothermal Resources Council (GRC), a non-profit educational association dedicated to the promotion of geothermal energy and associated technologies around the world, is pleased to announce the availability of two (2) $USD 2,500 GRC Scholarship Awards.
Selection of recipients will be based upon a variety of factors, including the individual's academic record, student activities, geothermal industry experience, and career goals.
To qualify, one must be a GRC member and be enrolled in, or have been accepted into, a graduate-level program in engineering or geosciences, or be a third or fourth year undergraduate majoring in engineering or geosciences.
Your application must include:
1. Official copies of all college transcripts.
2. List of student activities, including offices held, as well as a list and brief description of all extracurricular and/or community activities.
3. List of geothermal-related classes and any relevant field or operational experience.
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional references.
5. A letter of application discussing the applicant's background, career goals and objectives, with particular reference to applicant's relationship to geothermal and the geo-sciences. The letter should also state how the applicant intends to use the scholarship and what results (publications, thesis etc.) will be produced.
Applications or questions should be addressed to:
Geothermal Resources Council
GRC Scholarship Award Committee
P.O. Box 1350
Davis, CA 95617
Applications must be received by August 16, 2013 to be considered. Successful recipients will be notified by September 1, 2013. The Scholarship Awards will be presented at the 2013 GRC Annual Meeting and GEA Geothermal Energy Expo, held at the MGM Grand, in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, September 29 – October 2.
About the Geothermal Resources Council:
With the experience and dedication of its diverse, international membership bolstering a more than 40-year track record, the Geothermal Resources Council has built a solid reputation as the world's preeminent geothermal association. The GRC serves as a focal point for continuing professional development for its members through its outreach, information transfer and education services.
For more information, please visit www.geothermal.org.
Get your daily geothermal news at Global Geothermal News [geothermalresourcescouncil.blogspot.com]. Become a fan on Facebook [www.facebook.com/GeothermalResourcesCouncil]. Follow GRC on Twitter [twitter.com/GRC2001]. Check out GRC's YouTube Channel [www.youtube.com/GeothermalCouncil]. See geothermal photos on GRC's Flicker page. [www.flickr.com/photos/geothermalresourcescouncil]