This online tool will help you quickly and accurately choose the right power distribution block for your application
NEWBURYPORT, MA (August 22, 2013) - Mersen, formerly Ferraz Shawmut, recently announced the availability of Mersen Select-A-PDB. The newest member of the "Select-A" family, this online tool will help you quickly and accurately choose the right power distribution block for your application.
Mersen's Select-A-PDB lets you:
* Quickly find a power distribution block for your application by entering your desired attributes from pre-populated drop-down menus
* View all of the available Mersen fuse options for your PDB to meet the UL requirements for 100kA short circuit current protection
* Access the most up-to-date catalog information, drawings and technical documentation for Mersen's entire power distribution block line
Whether you are splicing cables, splitting primary power into secondary circuits, fulfilling requirements for fixed junction tap-off points, or working to meet the requirements for feeder and branch circuits in conjunction with UL508A and the National Electrical Code®, Select-A-PDB Online will save you time and effort, and best of all, it's free.
Select-A-PDB is the newest member of Mersen's "Select-A" family, comprised of Mersen's Select-A-Fuse®, Select-A-SPD®, and Select-A-Switch®.
* Select-A-Fuse allows you to quickly and accurately find the right overcurrent fuse protection for low- and medium-voltage motors, power and control transformers, and general loads
* Select-A-SPD helps you select the proper Surge Protection Device (SPD) for your equipment. Mersen's Surge-Trap® product line offers a world-class suite of surge protection devices designed to protect your facility from harmful and preventable surge damage.
* Select-A-Switch gives you access to information about enclosed switches and shunt trip disconnect switches in addition to providing information about Mersen's UL98 and UL508 fused and non-fused disconnect switch product line.
"The Mersen ‘Select-A-‘ family of product selector tools is extremely popular among customers, and help people make the right choices for electrical protection," states Stephen Colvin, VP of Marketing. "We're delighted to offer the new Select-A-PDB to give customers a simple, online method to select the appropriate power distribution block for their needs."
Visit Mersen's website to access Mersen Select-A-PDB, Mersen Select-A-Fuse, Mersen Select-A-SPD, and Mersen Select-A-Switch. For additional information and resources on electrical protection, visit
Mersen, formerly Ferraz Shawmut, is worldwide expert in high-performance materials for extreme environments and in the reliability and safety of electrical installations. Drawing on a century of experience—and an ongoing commitment to critical research in electrical safety— it provides industrial, commercial, and OEM customers with innovative products and unsurpassed technical support. The electrical and circuit protection division provides a comprehensive line of current-limiting fuses (low voltage, general purpose, medium voltage, semiconductor, miniature and glass, and special purpose) and accessories, fuse blocks and holders, power distribution blocks,
low voltage disconnect switches, surge protection, high power switches, laminated bus bar, heatsinks, and more.
Amp-Trap® High-Speed Class J (HSJ) fuses, TPMOV® Technology, and the SmartSpot® open-fuse indicator are a few of the company's latest innovations. For more information, call 978-462-6662 or visit HHUUhttp://ep-us.mersen.comUUHH.