Growing US Solar Market for the second quarter of 2013

Solarbuzz published its North America PV Markets quarterly report and results are good. For the second quarter of the year, our solar capacity increased with an addition of 976MW.

Solarbuzz published its North America PV Markets quarterly report and results are good. For the second quarter of the year, our solar capacity increased with an addition of 976MW. This is 24% more than the first quarter of the year. By far, California is the first solar market of the country. The state added 521MW of solar power in a quarter of year which is a record. For the past 12 months, California added 1.6GW of solar. Forecast says that the state will add 1.1GW more for the 6 last months of the year.


For this second quarter of 2013, Solar PVs installed were ground-mounted for 72%, the other 28% were installed on rooftop. Utility projects are still driving the solar market as they represent 59% of the new PV installations. Commercial and residential installations represent the other 41%.

North Carolina is a new emerging market when it comes to solar. The report highlights the 80% growth forecast of solar capacity in the state. Experts expect an addition of 245MG by the end of the year and a 30% growth in 2014. Together with Arizona, they will add 400MG of solar capacity to the USA.

Other states are playing a big part in the success of the solar market. New York, New Mexico, Texas and New Jersey will add together 500MW to the solar capacity of the nation.

Solar photovoltaic demand is increasing in 2013 with a 17% growth forecast. Solar experts project the demand will keep on growing the year to come as several projects are to be launched and will add more than 44GW to the US solar capacity.

- By Greenshine New Energy LLC, solar powered street lights, parking lot lighting and other solar outdoor light.

Featured Product

TRA SNOW AND SUN - SOLAR TILE MOUNT

TRA SNOW AND SUN - SOLAR TILE MOUNT

You haven't installed a tile mount that is easier to install than the Solar Tile Mount manufactured by TRA Snow and Sun. Solar Tile Mount is used on all tile roof profiles: flat, mid, and high. It is made in the USA of aluminum alloy for strength and excellent corrosion resistance. Solar Tile Mount is built to allow more ease in installation with more rise from the tile surface to the rail for better air flow below panels. The adjustable base is longer than most allowing attachment 6" to the left or right to have the bracket in the base of the pan of the tile and still fasten to the rafter. Solar Tile Mount is adjustable for counter batten systems from ¾" to 3". The horizontal rail is directly above base fasteners giving greater uplift resistance than any other system. For superior waterproofing apply TRA Snow and Sun's butyl backed VersaFlash aluminum flashing. No tile flashing is needed on top of the tile for greater labor and material cost savings.