Former US Vice President Al Gore to join more than 1,000 industry leaders at Future of Energy Summit 2015
New York, 19 March 2015 – Bloomberg New Energy Finance will welcome more than 1,000 global energy leaders at its upcoming Future of Energy Summit, 13-15 April at the Grand Hyatt in New York. Now in its eighth year, the forum is one of the most respected in the energy industry, gathering together the executives, senior investors and policy-makers who collectively drive the world's transition to cleaner energy.
This year's theme, "opportunities in transformation" will be explored in 45 sessions covering key areas for the future of utilities and the energy system worldwide: those areas are power generation, grids, connected homes and vehicles.
Michael Liebreich, chairman of the advisory board at Bloomberg New Energy Finance, said: "Last year, the Summit focused on 'phase change' – the idea that profound change going on under the surface in the energy system may manifest itself quite suddenly and decisively. This year, we will be debating four areas core to the transformation that is happening. It will be fascinating to pull the insights we get on each into one picture."
There is much to discuss. 2014 saw a rebound in global clean energy investment, up 16% to $310bn after two years of decline. There was also some 95GW of wind and solar generating capacity installed worldwide, easily a record. Major announcements included Google's $3.2bn acquisition of Nest, a climate change agreement between China and the US, and E.ON's historic decision to split into two companies, selling off its conventional generation assets to concentrate on its renewable power and consumer-facing activities.
Highlights of the 2015 Summit include:
* Al Gore, Former Vice President, United States
* Michael Bloomberg, United Nations Special Envoy for Cities and Climate Change
* Minister Greg Rickford, Minister of Natural Resources, Canada
* Minister Maximo Pacheco, Minister of Energy, Chile
* Brad Buss, CFO, SolarCity
* Jim Rogers, Former Chairman of the Board, Duke Energy
* Chair Audrey Zibelman, Chair, New York State Public Service Commission
* Badar Khan, President and CEO, Direct Energy
* Jim Hughes, CEO, First Solar
* Ralph Izzo, Chairman and CEO, PSEG
* Amy Ericson, President and CEO, Alstom USA
* Francesco Venturini, CEO and General Manager, Enel Green Power
* Michael Garland, President and CEO, Pattern Energy Group
* Shaun Kingsbury, CEO, UK Green Investment Bank
* Paddy Padmanathan, President and CEO, ACWA Power
Additional key speakers include:
* Raphael Schoentgen, CTO, GDF Suez
* Walter Isaacson, President and CEO, Aspen Institute
* Michael Picker, President, California Public Utilities Commission
* Leonardo Beltran, Deputy Secretary for Planning & Energy Transition, Mexico
* Connie Hedegaard, Former Commissioner for Climate Action, European Union
* Gil Quiniones, President and CEO, New York Power Authority
* Kyung-Ah Park, Managing Director, Head of Environmental Markets, Goldman Sachs
* Jonathan Mir, Managing Director, Head of North American Power & Utilities, Lazard
* Julia Hamm, President & CEO, Solar Electric Power Association
SUMMIT SPONSORS: Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, Lockheed Martin, Direct Energy, Fuel Choices Initiative, AIG, Applied Materials, Black & Veatch, Cemex, Cycle Capital Management, Enphase, ET Solar, Novozymes, Nuclear Matters, ProMexico, Shikun & Binui, Steptoe & Johnson, Wartsila, Zayed Future Energy Prize.
For more information on the Summit, please visit: about.bnef.com/summit
The hashtag for this event is #BNEFSummit
For more information on Bloomberg New Energy Finance, please visit: http://about.bnef.com/
Follow Bloomberg New Energy Finance on Twitter, on LinkedIn, and on Facebook
About Bloomberg New Energy Finance
Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) is the definitive source of insight, data and news on the transformation of the energy sector. BNEF has staff of more than 200, based in London, New York, Beijing, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Munich, New Delhi, San Francisco, Sćo Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Washington D.C., and Zurich.
BNEF Insight Services provide financial, economic and policy analysis in the following industries and markets: wind, solar, bioenergy, geothermal, hydro & marine, gas, nuclear, carbon capture and storage, energy efficiency, digital energy, energy storage, advanced transportation, carbon markets, REC markets, power markets and water. BNEF's Industry Intelligence Service provides access to the world's most comprehensive database of assets, investments, companies and equipment in the same sectors. The BNEF News Service is the leading global news service focusing on finance, policy and economics for the same sectors. The group also undertakes custom research on behalf of clients and runs senior-level networking events, including the annual BNEF Summit, the premier event on the future of the energy industry.
New Energy Finance Limited was acquired by Bloomberg L.P. in December 2009, and its services and products are now owned and distributed by Bloomberg Finance L.P., except that Bloomberg L.P. and its subsidiaries distribute these products in Argentina, Bermuda, China, India, Japan, and Korea. For more information on Bloomberg New Energy Finance: http://about.bnef.com/
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 319,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and three magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek, Bloomberg Markets and Bloomberg Pursuits, covers the world with more than 2,400 news and multimedia professionals at more than 150 bureaus in 73 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,500 people in 192 locations around the world. For more information visit www.Bloomberg.com/now/