SPI 15 - Hanwha Q CELLS reveals next generation of Q.ANTUM technology at Solar Power International 2015
- At booth 2505 in Hall B, Hanwha Q CELLS showcases the Q CELLS brand's range of products and solutions, from cells to modules to systems - Current Q.ANTUM technology and next generation prototypes take module efficiencies to up to 18.9% and power classes to up to 345 Wp - The latest Q.ANTUM module Q.PLUS-G4 has just won the "Solar Industry Award 2015" in the category "Module Manufacturing Innovation" - High quality Q CELLS products based on technology "Engineered in Germany" lead to strong growth for Hanwha Q CELLS in the United States
SEOUL, South Korea, Sept. 11, 2015 -- Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd. ("Hanwha Q CELLS" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: HQCL) one of the world's largest providers of high quality, high efficiency photovoltaic modules and solutions, announced today that it will give insight into the next level of its high efficiency Q.ANTUM technology at this year's Solar Power International (SPI) trade fair in Anaheim, California from September 15-17. Next to the current Q.ANTUM module line Q.PLUS - which has just been awarded the Solar Industry Award 2015 in the category "Module Manufacturing Innovation" - the next generation prototypes of Q.PEAK will take module efficiencies to up to 18.9% and power classes to up to 310 Wp in a 60 cell module. Moreover, the visitors of booth 2505 in Hall B will find the entire range of Q CELLS' high power and quality products - from solar cells to modules to photovoltaic systems and solutions - and experience "German Engineering" first-hand in one of the regular presentations from our German R&D experts.
SPI appearance underlines Hanwha Q CELLS' strong growth and high ambition in U.S. solar market
After announcing the largest deal in solar history in April 2015, a 1.5 GW module supply agreement with NextEra Energy Resources, Hanwha Q CELLS has been achieving continuous growth during the first half of 2015. With its presence at SPI, the company now underlines its ambition and confidence to gain further market share in the United States - one of the fastest growing solar markets in the world.
"We are very happy to present our strong company and the leading technology products of our Q CELLS brand in the currently largest solar market for our company", said Mr. Seong Woo Nam, Chairman and CEO of Hanwha Q CELLS. "In the United States we are building on our ability to ship large scales of tariff-free, high performance and quality modules as well as on our stability and reliability as one of the world's largest solar companies and part of the Fortune Global 500 business enterprise Hanwha Group. SPI is a great opportunity for us to spark new business opportunities and further expand our strong position in the U.S."
"Solar Industry Award" winning Q.ANTUM technology and presentations "Engineered in Germany"
The highlights of Hanwha Q CELLS' appearance at this year's SPI will be the current solar cells and modules and the next generation prototypes based on Q CELLS' Q.ANTUM technology. This complex cell architecture is based on a rear-side passivation of the solar cell and includes many additional technological features for maximum energy yield under real conditions. Q.ANTUM improves power output (by up to 12%), low-light and temperature-behavior, while at the same time offering all of Q CELLS' VDE certified quality standards like Anti-PID protection, Hot-spot protect, and Tra.Q laser marking. Q.ANTUM holds the world efficiency records for polycrystalline solar cells with 19.5% and 60 cell modules with 18.5%, according to the independent "Progress in Photovoltaics" report. Just recently, the Q.PLUS-G4 Q.ANTUM module has been awarded the "Solar Industry Award 2015" in the category "Module Manufacturing Innovation". The renowned "Solar Industry Award" covers the entire PV value chain in 13 categories and has been awarded since 2011.
At the Hanwha Q CELLS booth visitors will be able to experience these Q.ANTUM solar modules:
* The Q.PLUS BFR-G4 for residential systems comes with 60 blue polycrystalline cells, a black frame, and power classes of up to 280 Wp. Q.PLUS-G4 has recently been awarded the "Solar Industry Award" for leading module manufacturing innovation.
* The Q.PLUS L-G4.2 is a 72 blue polycrystalline cell Q.ANTUM module with up to 345 Wp for commercial and industrial customers as well as large scale solar parks.
* The Q.PEAK prototype will be showcased at SPI for the first time taking Q.ANTUM to the next generation. Based on monocrystalline wafers, this 60 black cell module reaches efficiencies of up to 18.3% and up to 300 Wp power output.
* The Q.PEAK BLK is a variation of the Q.PEAK and comes in an all-black appearance. Based on monocrystalline wafers, this module features 60 black cells, a black backsheet, a black frame, and reaches efficiencies of up to 18.0% and up to 295 Wp power output.
* The Half Cell Prototype takes Q.ANTUM even further: Thanks to its half-cell design and Q.ANTUM technology on monocrystalline wafers, this 120 half cell module reaches efficiencies of up to 18.9% and up to 310 Wp power output.
Finally, the Q.PRO L-G3 module underlines Q CELLS' leading position on standard BSF. This 72 cell module reaches up to 315 Wp and belongs to the Q.PRO module family, which has won the independent full-year yield measurement of the Photon laboratory for two consecutive years in 2013 and 2014. Q.PRO outperformed not only all polycrystalline competitors but also most of the monocrystalline modules in the test of 174 modules in total. Q.PRO performed superiorly especially during morning and evening times as well as in cloudy conditions, thus underlining what a difference excellent low-light behavior makes.
How Q CELLS "Engineered in Germany" technology and quality with Q.ANTUM make a difference can also be experienced in video presentations on several screens at the booth. As a special highlight, one of the R&D leaders from the company's headquarters for Technology, Innovation, and Quality in Germany will explain the secrets of Q.ANTUM in several live presentations on Tuesday and Wednesday.
About Hanwha Q CELLS
In February 2015 Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: HQCL) emerged as a new global solar power leader from combining two of the world's most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers, Hanwha SolarOne and Hanwha Q CELLS. The combined company is listed on NASDAQ under the trading symbol of HQCL. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, (Global Executive Headquarters) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation Headquarters) and is the world's largest solar cell manufacturer as well as one of the largest photovoltaic module manufacturers. Due to its diverse international footprint including facilities in China, Malaysia, and South Korea, Hanwha Q CELLS is in a unique position to flexibly address all global markets, even ones with import tariffs, such as the United States and the European Union. Based on its well respected "Engineered in Germany" technology, innovation and quality, Hanwha Q CELLS offers the full spectrum of photovoltaic products, applications and solutions, from modules to kits to systems to large scale solar power plants. Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnership to its customers in the utility, commercial, government and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top-Ten business enterprise in South Korea. For more information, visit: http://investors.hanwha-qcells.com