At Solar Power International, ABB demonstrates the industry's most comprehensive product portfolio from utility scale to residential solar operations in the U.S. and worldwide.
Anaheim, CA, September 16, 2015 - ABB, the solar industry's leading power and automation company, is unveiling new solar technologies at the Solar Power International conference and exhibition this week to support the solar energy in the United States, one of the world's largest and fastest growing solar markets.
ABB's comprehensive offering covers everything in the value chain from design, conversion, collection, grid connection and optimization of solar installations of all sizes - literally ‘from the sun to the socket.' Through technological innovation, ABB has played a critical role in expanding the use and efficiency of utility-scale solar energy around the globe. Building on years of leadership in the U.S. solar market, ABB is focusing on expanding its presence and share in the residential,
ABB is featuring new technologies at SPI that will help drive solar industry growth in the U.S.:
• Solar Tap™ - UNO 2.0/3.0 Inverters with SolarTap™ Functionality - The new UNO2.0/3.0 residential inverter with ABB SolarTap™ functionality delivers emergency backup power in the event of a blackout. This transformerless, single-phase inverter offers a unique, stand-alone AC outlet able to power up to 1.5kW on a standard 120V outlet. This new family of inverters will be available in the first half of 2016.
• TRIO 50kW Inverters - The new ABB TRIO-50, string inverter is re-engineering distributed architecture. The three-phase string inverter can be installed in any location or virtually in any orientation providing shorter time to market for utility scale designs. It has a landscape modular design to guarantee maximum flexibility, ease of installation and maintenance. This inverter is ideal for large commercial and utility plant sizes up to 30MW.
• Symphony® Plus for Solar - Continuing with the momentum in the solar sector, ABB globally unveils their latest automation and SCADA solution. Symphony® Plus for Solar, a versatile and scalable automation solution, is designed for monitoring and control of PV power plants. The solution spans from plant automation including panel position control, plant diagnostics and power management, up to enterprise SCADA to enabling remote operations and management of PV plants.
• Rapid Shutdown Devices for String Inverters - A low-cost, NEC 2014 compliant accessory that simplifies the code compliance of residential solar. Shutdown occurs at the rooftop box when utility power is lost or the PV system's AC disconnect switch is opened.
• WiFi Logger Card - ABB is introducing its new VSN300 WiFi Logger Card for PV system management, monitoring and control. The Wifi Logger Card has an advanced expansion board designed for ABB's UNO and TRIO string inverter product lines, and will benefit both residential and commercial installers with an easy-to-install, cost-efficient card.
"Solar energy use continues to accelerate rapidly worldwide, and that is certainly true in the U.S. and North America," said Alex Levran, Group Senior Vice President for Solar, ABB. "ABB continues to benefit from this accelerated growth and maturity in solar - driven by a shift in the global energy mix toward renewables, and by the strength of our comprehensive offering and global footprint."
ABB provides the most comprehensive portfolio of products, systems, solutions and services along the solar PV value chain that enable the generation, transmission and distribution of solar power for grid-connected and microgrid applications. ABB's offering includes inverters, low-voltage products, monitoring and control systems, grid connection, stabilization and integration products, as well as complete electrical balance of plant solutions. ABB also offers a wide range of support and maintenance services, including remote operations and diagnostics, helping ensure solar installations deliver optimal performance.
The Solar Power International 2015 conference and exhibition is September 14-17 in Anaheim, and ABB will be exhibiting in booth #4507. More information on ABB's presence at the event can be found here.
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. North America is the largest market for ABB products and services, with its headquarters in Cary, North Carolina.
For more information please contact:
Director of Media Relations, North America
Melissa London Zingle
Phone: +1 919 829 4431
Mobile: +1 919 649 6581