“Integrating TS4 into our PV modules is the first step in building a lasting Hansol-Tigo partnership and we look forward to further expanding the relationship to feature Tigo-integrated inverters and energy storage systems in the future.”
LOS GATOS, Calif.--Tigo, the smart module market leader, today announced its partnership with industry-leading company Hansol Technics Co., LTD, ("Hansol"). Tigo is distinguished in the industry as being the only one to offer a modular platform - the TS4 -- that can be selectively deployed with different functionalities per module at different price points, utilizing Predictive IV (PIV) technology to maximize energy harvest at minimal cost. Hansol is an electronic manufacturing company of LED Ingot / Wafers, inverters, and solar modules. With over 25% of the Korean market share, Hansol is focused on driving excellence of the solar module in response to the fast changing nature of the IT Industry Environment.
"We are working closely with Tigo to provide our customers leading technology that is both cost-effective and highly efficient. In an industry that demands the latest and greatest of its innovators, Tigo's TS4 Platform far and away leads the competition in both innovation and capacity to deliver the highest quality products at the lowest cost," said Charlie Lee, Senior Director of Global Sales and Marketing at Hansol.
Lee went on to add, "Integrating TS4 into our PV modules is the first step in building a lasting Hansol-Tigo partnership and we look forward to further expanding the relationship to feature Tigo-integrated inverters and energy storage systems in the future."
The five TS4 platform functionalities offered today by Tigo include; Diodes, Safety, Monitoring, Optimization, and Long Strings as described in more detail below:
● TS4-D (Diodes): Most reliable standard JBox dissipating heat away from the module, minimizing hot spots
● TS4-M (Monitoring): Remotely collects data in two second increments: voltage, current, temperature, manufacturer name, module type, date manufactured, barcode, and much more wirelessly via module-level communication; lowers operations and maintenance (O&M) costs considerably
● TS4-S (Safety): Rapid shutdown compliant via module-level deactivation, supports anti- theft and revenue protection functionality (includes TS4-Monitoring capabilities)
● TS4-O (Optimization): Addresses shade, system level mismatch, and age tolerance for maximum energy harvesting (includes Monitoring and Safety capabilities)
● TS4-L (Long Strings): Increases string length by up to 30% via voltage control mechanism of each module (includes Monitoring, Safety, and Optimization capabilities)
"We're pleased to see the rapid adoption of our TS4 platform by Hansol," said Tigo's CEO Zvi Alon. "Hansol has evaluated our technology and concluded that Tigo's TS4 is well in-line with their own business proposition to offer the market only the latest and greatest technology. With a market leader such as Hansol backing our product line, we will continue to bring customers the advantages of maximum control of system design and management at the lowest cost available."
Tigo is the market leader in smart module technology for the solar industry. The Silicon Valley Company utilizes a patented technology to increase energy production, simplify design and installation, improve fire safety, and ensure the highest uptime and reliability with cloud-based monitoring. Tigo's modular TS4 platform can be selectively deployed with different functionalities per module at different price points utilizing Predictive IV (PIV) technology to maximize energy harvest at minimal cost. Tigo's integrated solution is the first and most successful smart module solution in the industry. Tigo is online at tigoenergy.com
About Hansol Technics
Hansol Technics Co., LTD. is a Korea-based company with over 6 years of experience engaged in the manufacturing and marketing of electronic components. The Company manufactures backlight units for thin film transistor-LCD displays, as well as light-emitting diode (LED) wafers and LED ingots, inverters and solar modules. The Company is focused on offering differentiated technology based on low-cost and high-efficiency, distributing within domestic as well as overseas markets.