Leading Global Companies Join HDPV to Optimize PV Systems
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 12, 2015 -- The HDPV Alliance, an industry-wide alliance focused on lowering the cost and increasing the performance of photovoltaic (PV) solar systems, today announced the addition of 14 new members including: Arctech Solar, Array Technologies, Inc. (ATI), Bender, Bentek, China Sunergy, ConnectPV, Folsom Labs, GameChange Racking, GS Battery, Littelfuse, Schletter, Stion Corporation, Tabuchi Electric and Waaree. These new members join Alliance founders Ampt, Bonfiglioli, KACO new energy and LTI ReEnergy to expand HDPV membership to over 30 companies from around the globe.
HDPV, or High Definition PV, refers to PV system designs that use DC optimizers to achieve greater system power management capability while lowering the total system costs on day one. Alliance members collaborate through defined standards and shared best practices to make lower cost and higher performing systems widely available to the industry.
"We are pleased to welcome our new members and look forward to working with them to serve our mutual customers," said Mark Kanjorski, HDPV Alliance chair and director of marketing for Ampt. "With these new partners, HDPV members continue to work together to source projects, be more competitive within the industry, and provide customers with lower cost and higher performing PV systems."
New HDPV Alliance members include:
* Arctech Solar is one of the world's largest manufacturers and solution providers of solar tracking and racking systems for utilities, commercial, industrial and residential projects. Since 2009, with over 6GW of installations and hundreds of completed projects in more than 10 countries, Arctech continues to develop innovative technologies that improve energy production and deliver long-term financial benefits for solar projects worldwide. With annual production capacity of 6GW for fixed structures and trackers, Arctech solar is well equipped to meet the growing solar energy needs of the planet.
* Array Technologies, Inc. (ATI) is the leading U.S.-based solar manufacturer of smart, cost-effective, reliable and robust solar tracking systems for utilities, corporations, small businesses and homeowners. A pioneer in ground-mounted solar systems design and manufacturing, ATI is recognized for its performance-driven products and engineering expertise. ATI provides solar tracking solutions for any project, whatever its scale, location or requirements.
* Bender - for over 70 years, Bender has been a global leader in ground fault protection products for both grounded and ungrounded systems. Bender's extensive experience in renewable energy industries ensures that your system is provided with the most advanced electrical safety equipment on the market and compliant with the latest standards and code requirements for the photovoltaic industry.
* Bentek is a recognized leader in engineered electromechanical and power distribution solutions for industrial applications. Our success is attributed to the creation of effective, durable and safe products that reflect quality, reliability and functionality. Founded in 1985, Bentek designs and manufactures products such as cable harnesses, electrical combiner boxes, and custom OEM assemblies for the solar energy and semiconductor markets. Bentek is ISO certified.
* China Sunergy is a public company listed on the NASDAQ as CSUN. Founded in 2007, CSUN is a tier one manufacturer in China with 1.2GW of solar cells and module production capacity. CSUN's head office is in Nanjing, China and has factories in Turkey (400MW), Vietnam (150MW) and Korea (200MW). CSUN is competitive in European and American markets with bankability and third party insurance.
* ConnectPV is based in San Diego and delivers expertise and experience. ConnectPV brings over 10 years of solar PV industry experience in electrical balance of system products, coupled with more than 25 years of high quality, ISO9001:2008 certified, manufacturing expertise. ConnectPV actively works with customers to deliver innovative, high-quality and cost-effective solutions.
* Folsom Labs develops HelioScope, an advanced PV system design tool that integrates system layout and performance modeling to simplify the process of engineering and selling solar projects. HelioScope is more than just CAD-caliber layouts, robust shade and wiring loss calculations, module-level electronics modeling, SketchUp integration and bankable physics. These features are integrated to dramatically simplify the solar design process, making it easy for anyone to generate world-class solar layouts and performance estimates. HelioScope is used by thousands of leading developers and engineers.
* GameChange Racking leads utility and large commercial solar racking with bankable quality, unmatched service and value pricing. GameChange's systems are UL/ETL 2703, CPP wind tunnel tested and Black & Veatch assessed.
* GS Battery is a global leader in energy storage. GS batteries are manufactured to the highest standards and deliver high quality, long life and superior performance in a wide variety of mission-critical applications. GS Battery's products deliver reliable battery power for telecommunications, renewable energy, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), emergency lighting, power sports and automotive industries.
* Littelfuse is a manufacturer of fuses and fuse holders specifically designed for the solar market. Understanding global codes and standards unique to the solar market, as well as product specifications required for the harsh environments, allows Littelfuse to provide a comprehensive range of circuit protection products.
* Schletter is an internationally recognized manufacturer of solar mounting systems and design tools for residential, commercial and utility-scale PV applications. Schletter has globally designed, developed and produced solar mounting systems for more than 15GW of installed module capacity on roofs and ground-mounted systems.
* Stion is a leading manufacturer of high-efficiency thin-film solar modules. Stion is advancing the industry by dramatically improving the cost and performance of solar energy through superior manufacturing and R&D technology. Stion is making clean, renewable solar energy the clear and economical choice for large- and commercial-scale applications with a product that is 100 percent made in the USA.
* Tabuchi Electric is the world's fifth largest solar inverter manufacturer. Globally diversified and listed on the NIKKEI, it has developed and manufactured state-of-the-art solar inverters for over 20 years. Building on its success in the Japanese solar market, Tabuchi Electric proudly introduces its innovative PV inverter brand to North America.
* Waaree Energies Ltd is the flagship company of Waaree Group, founded in 1989 with headquarters in Mumbai, India. It is a leading player in the solar energy space in India, as well as internationally. It has India's largest solar PV module manufacturing capacity of 500 MW, being scaled up to 1000 MW by the end of 2015. Waaree Energies is present across the solar value chain providing EPC solutions, solar modules for grid connected solar farms, rooftop solar, solar water pumps, project development services and also as an independent power producer. Waaree Group has its presence in over 20 locations nationally and 68 countries internationally.
About the HDPV Alliance
The HDPV Alliance brings solar industry equipment manufacturers and solution providers together around a common vision for the development and delivery of lower cost and higher performance photovoltaic (PV) systems using DC power optimizers. HDPV, or High Definition PV, uses defined standards, tested compatibility and shared best practices to enable members across the PV value chain to deliver products and services that optimize PV systems - the HDPV Advantage. Companies throughout the PV supply chain are invited to join. For commercial or membership inquiries, please contact us or visit HDPV.org for more information.