Global PV cell production grew to an impressive 37.2 GW in 2011, according to a market survey by PHOTON International - The Solar Power Magazine, for a 36-percent increase over the 27.4 GW produced in 2010.
But the annual survey also reveals a dramatic reduction in year-on-year growth. Compared to a record 120-percent jump in 2010, the 2011 cell output was the PV industry's lowest growth rate since a 34-percent increase in 2003. The survey also shows a continuation of Asian dominance, with six Chinese manufacturers in the top 10 - with Suntech Power in first place for the second year in a row - and two from Taiwan. For the first time since PHOTON International began surveying solar cell producers, the top 10 did not include any solar cell producers from Europe or Japan.
"The days of solar cell production in western countries are numbered," says Michael Schmela, editor-in-chief of PHOTON International. "Like other commodities, solar cell production will continue its rapid shift to low-labor-cost countries in Asia, especially China." In 2008, only 33 percent of solar cells were made in China, a share that grew to an impressive over 57 percent in 2011.
AET’s solar mounting ECO series includes all the features their customer’s love about their racking solutions in a cost competitive package.
• Industry-leading installation time
• 2-high portrait design optimized for maximum panels per
post based on wind and snow conditions
• Designed for cost-driven projects
• HIGH shipping density, DRAMATICALLY lowers freight bills
• Fits all panels available today
• Single point connection to system ground
• Full layout and loading analysis for every project
• Galvanized for corrosion resistance
• Lightweight for easy handling on the job site.
Contact AET sales at 586.466.5073 or info@AETenergy.com for more information.