Eight hurdles on the track to a green energy future
The green energy future envisions a technological road that leads to an infinite supply of power, independence from potentially hostile nations and an atmosphere cleared of the excess heat-trapping gases that are blamed for warming the planet. The track to this future, however, is full of technological and policy hurdles.
- Clean up the existing supply with a price on carbon
- Store wind and solar energy for later use
- Limit impact of transmission lines
- Drive down costs of electric cars
- Build a portfolio of transportation options
- Mine the earth for rare minerals
- Grow energy crops; save the food
- Bury hang-ups on nuclear waste
Read full article at MSNBC
This post does not have any comments. Be the first to leave a comment below.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in before you can post a comment. Login now.