Upsolar Named Among Industry's Most Sustainable Module Providers

Company ranks 4th on SVTC Solar Scorecard for environmental and social responsibility

Global Solar PV Module Installations to Face Stable Increase by 2020

• Solar module installations fall from 29 GW in 2011 to 25.4 GW in 2013 • Developing countries to be major markets as they ‘focus on green energy to help fuel economic growth,' says analyst

California Sets Quarterly Record for Solar PV in Q2'13 as US Adds 976 MW, According to NPD Solarbuzz

The US added 976 megawatts (MW) of new solar photovoltaic (PV) capacity during the second quarter of 2013 (Q2’13), up 24% Q/Q from 788 MW in Q1’13, according to the latest NPD Solarbuzz North America PV Markets Quarterly report. “In Q2’13, new PV installed in California alone reached 521 MW, which is a new record for PV added by any state in the US for a three-month period and 53% of PV added in the US,” according to Finlay Colville, Vice President at NPD Solarbuzz. “California has added 1.6 GW in the past 12 months, with a further 1.1 GW forecast for the second half of the year.” During Q2’13, 72% of solar PV installations were ground mounted, with the remaining 28% from residential and commercial rooftops. Utility-based PV projects accounted for 59% of quarterly demand, with the remaining 41% split between commercial and residential installations. Strong demand continues to come from the ground-mount utility segment. PG&E has recently completed several large-scale projects within California, including the California Valley Solar Ranch, phase three of Topaz Solar, phase two of Antelope Valley Solar Ranch, and Gates Solar Farm. Other large ground-mount projects include the Arizona Public Service Agua Caliente plant and phase one of PG&E’s Copper Mountain Solar 2 in Arizona. Solar PV demand in the US is forecast to grow 14% Q/Q to 1.04 GW in Q3’13. During 2H’13, Arizona and North Carolina together will add 400 MW and an additional 500 MW will come from New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, and Texas.

California Sets Quarterly Record for Solar PV in Q2'13 as US Adds 976 MW, According to NPD Solarbuzz

Strong utility-scale solar PV deployment to drive 2013 US demand to 4.2 gigawatts

SolarWorld breaks ground on more than 500 kilowatts of solar carports at four California parks

SolarWorld oversees engineering, procurement, construction and permitting

Introducing the IC-LPM Series of Paddlewheel Flow Meters

icenta Controls in the UK has introduced a new range of industrial inline paddlewheel flow meters that offers considerable benefits for continuous liquid flow applications including temperate and environmental control

France declares its tidal power ambitions

The French marine energy industry has long lagged behind that of its UK counterpart. With a series of technical challenges and limited public confidence, marine energy has for several years struggled to get off the ground.

Trendforce: Wafer Manufacturers Plan to Raise Prices in Face of Growing Polysilicon Costs

As prices of China's polysilicon spot market continue its upward ascend, it triggered price hikes in Asia's polysilicon market that in turn caused cost increases for wafer manufacturers.

Solarlink test kit streamlines PV testing on innovative off-grid projects

Advanced solar PV test instrumentation has helped a UK-based renewables specialist to complete to improve the electricity supply on two off-grid Hebridean Islands.

ALTLED® A55's Energy Efficiency and Quality Certified by Energy Star

ALTLED® A55 achieved ENERGY STAR certification through its unique heat dissipation and optical designs allowing for a 360° omnidirectional lighting while maintaining a 40,000-hr lifespan.

Clenergy won the prestigious HKABA 2013 Business Excellence Award

Clenergy was recognized by the Hong Kong Australia Business Association (HKABA)'s Victoria Chapter as the 2013 winner of "Business Excellence Award".

Rep. Steve Israel Visits WATT Fuel Cell Corp.in Recognition of Startup Day Across America

Congressman Steve Israel (D-Huntington) visited Port Washington, N.Y.-based energy technology company WATT Fuel Cell Corp. as part of yesterday's Startup Day Across America, a national day dedicated to raising awareness of startup companies and job creation in cities across the U.S.

ImagineSolar Announces Free Solar 1st Saturday Series Starting September 7th, 2013

Event will feature speakers from Solar Austin and Environment Texas. Join us to explore the current state of the industry and how you can be part of the solar solution.

Cutting Consumption, Saving Lives: Fuel Cell Technology Proves Powerful in Demo

The Solid-Oxide Fuel Cell Tactical Electrical Power Unit is aimed at reducing the need to transport fuel around the battlefield, especially in dangerous theaters like Afghanistan, where enemies routinely target supply routes with homemade bombs.

IBM's Hybrid Renewable Energy Forecaster

The Hybrid Renewable Energy Forecasting (HyREF) solution combines big data analytics and weather modeling technology to accurately forecast the availability of wind power and solar energy.

Records 9736 to 9750 of 23508

First | Previous | Next | Last

Solar & Wind - Featured Product

SolarEdge Technologies - Solar Inverters, Power Optimizers and PV Monitoring

SolarEdge Technologies - Solar Inverters, Power Optimizers and PV Monitoring

The SolarEdge PV inverter combines sophisticated digital control technology with efficient power conversion architecture to achieve superior solar power harvesting and best-in-class reliability. The fixed-voltage technology ensures the solar inverter is always working at its optimal input voltage over a wider range of string lengths and regardless of environmental conditions. A proprietary data monitoring receiver has been integrated into the inverter and aggregates the power optimizer performance data from each PV module. This data can be transmitted to the web and accessed via the SolarEdge Monitoring Portal for performance analysis, fault detection and troubleshooting of PV systems.