Booth #3014 - TrueCapture™ is an intelligent, self-adjusting tracker control system that increases typical PV power plant energy by up to 6%.
Contributed by | NEXTracker
NEXTracker, a Flex company, advances the power plant of the future with smart solar tracker, energy storage, and software control applications that yield additional energy, optimize performance and reduce costs for project and plant owners. As the number-one tracker supplier worldwide with over 14 GW delivered or under fulfillment, NEXTracker is globally recognized for delivering smart and connected energy solutions for hundreds of projects across five continents. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company has offices in Australia, India, China, Latin America, and Europe. For more information, visit: NEXTracker.com and follow the company on Twitter @NEXTracker.
NX Flow energy storage system
What makes this an important event for your company?
Solar Power International is a crucial business platform for NEXTracker to meet key customers, showcase our latest innovations, such as our bifacial-optimized NX Horizon solution, and our TrueCapture™ Smart Control System.
NEXTracker’s bifacial technology
With a full-fledged energy storage portfolio offering, NEXTracker also engages with ESI as we see pairing PV + storage as the key to unlocking ubiquitous integration of renewables into the modern energy infrastructure.
Highlight 2 or 3 products you will be showcasing at the event.
- TrueCapture™ is an intelligent, self-adjusting tracker control system that increases typical PV power plant energy by up to 6%. Powered by AI and model-based predictive control software, TrueCapture boosts solar power plant production by continuously optimizing the tracking algorithm of each individual row in response to site features and changing weather conditions. Watch a customer testimonial here and download the sell sheet here.
- Bifacial and NX Horizon smart solar tracker: the benefits of bifacial module technology can be significantly amplified when mounting on NEXTracker’s NX Horizon self-powered, independent-row single-axis solar trackers. Since NX Horizon is built at rotation-axis elevations up to 100% of the total PV panel width, its large height-to-width aspect ratio maximizes module rear-side irradiance and helps maintain consistent irradiance along the underside of the modules, something which is difficult and costly to accomplish with larger-format trackers. Field tests have shown that mono-PERC bifacial PV modules can generate as much as 14% more energy when paired with NX Horizon. Bifacial energy gains are also additive to TrueCapture smart control system, which translates to as much as 20% more energy harvest than traditional single-axis trackers using monofacial modules – as well as lower system LCOE. Watch our GTM webinar on latest technology trends in bifacial and learn more about our bifacial module mounting solution here.
- As the premier solar tracking company, NEXTracker partners with module manufacturers to bring world-class PV mounting systems to our customers. Building on the balanced design of our award-winning NX Horizon™ self-powered tracker, NEXTracker offers a mounting solution specifically optimized for First Solar Series 6™ modules. This technology includes unique mounting features for maximum installation speed and reliability. NEXTracker’s Series 6 panel rails self-locate into the correct position along the NX Horizon torque tube to support the frames of two adjacent Series 6 modules. The panel rails include pre-assembled clamps, which are used to secure the two adjacent Series 6 modules through the frame slots after the modules are positioned onto the rails. Features and benefits include:
- Rapid module installation
- Error-proof rail alignment
- Secure mounting and grounding
- More modules per row
- Site condition flexibility
SPI 2018 has many educational sessions & demo’s, is your company involved in any of them this year?
Several NEXTracker leaders will participate in panels at SPI.
- STORAGE: Understanding the Value Streams of Energy Storage for Your Business: Boosting Returns & Business Performance
Speaker: David Stripling, Director of Product Management, Energy Storage
Date: September 24, 8:00-12:00 P.M.
- Mitigating Financial Risks on Performing Assets
Speaker: Marty Rogers, VP, Asset Management
Date: September 25, 9:30-10:30 A.M
- Drivers of Utility Scale Solar
Speaker: Dan Shugar, CEO and Founder or NEXTracker
Date: September 25, 4:00-5:00 P.M.
- pv magazine Quality Roundtable
Speaker: Marty Rogers
Date: September 26
When you get a chance to walk the exhibit hall floor yourself, what is it you will be most interested to see? Any educational sessions you plan on attending?
In addition to the sessions our thought leaders will be participating in, we are interested in Day 2’s session “Overcoming Technical Challenges with the Right Digital Tools” which ties in directly with our growing ecosystem of intelligence tools like NX Data Hub, which uses a suite of advanced data- and software- driven digital services to dramatically improve asset management efficiency and lower operating costs. We also plan on attending Day 3’s sessions “Community Solar by 2030” with a favorite organization of ours, Vote Solar and “Replicating PV + Storage Solutions: Scalable Applications for Utilities” with real-world, field tested solutions from the Energy Department’s Sustainable and Holistic Integration of Energy Storage and Solar PV (SHINES) program. And don’t forget the Professional Women in Solar and Storage Luncheon at the Marriott!
When you book a booth for a tradeshow like this, what are your expectations and what does your company hope to accomplish at the event?
Any time we exhibit, our expectations are to connect to key stakeholders- this can be anyone from the purchasing, sales and executive teams of potential customers (to name a few). Connecting to old and potential new customers is key- this makes tradeshows an effective use of resources in an increasingly budget conscious environment. In addition to bringing the right audience for exhibitors, we expect the show to be proactive in new and innovative programming, social media campaigns. The shows we continually return to are those with high ROI in both attendance and coverage of the NX brand.
A tradeshow of this magnitude is extremely busy and stressful for the staff of exhibiting companies. Any fun things or places your team can suggest in Anaheim to help unwind?
Our team recommends our SPI Happy Hour on Wednesday, September 26 from 4:30-6:00 P.M. at our booth. At 5pm, NEXTracker CEO Dan Shugar will be joining SEIA CEO Abby Hopper to talk about A Renewable America – a year in review. We’ve traveled throughout the United States hosting solar and wind company events to tell the ‘jobs story’ – how renewable jobs are outpacing traditional energy jobs and that solar and wind are benefiting local economies across the country. Join us!
The content & opinions in this article are the author’s and do not necessarily represent the views of AltEnergyMag
This post does not have any comments. Be the first to leave a comment below.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in before you can post a comment. Login now.