The DOE and thin-film leaders including First Solar, Uni-Solar, Kaneka, SCHOTT to gather in San Francisco this December
Thin Film Today have recently announced the launch of the 2nd Annual Thin Film Solar Summit US, taking place on December 1-2 in San Francisco. Speakers from the DOE, the three largest thin-film manufacturers and many other industry leaders will discuss crucial issues on securing finance and latest technological advances that reduces costs and boost efficiencies.
By 2015, thin-film will account for 30% of the global PV market and grow to a $14 billion market (report by NanoMarket). As thin-film manufacturers look for ways to strengthen their position in the industry and take advantage of this market window, this 2 day conference is proving to be perfectly timed indeed.
Over 300 senior thin-film experts are expected as the event fast establishes itself as the annual meeting place for thin-film leaders to share their experience on technological advances.
Richard Schoen, Director Solar Technology at FTL Solar - had this to say about last year's event:
"The density of information was phenomenal. Even with my 20+ pages of handwritten notes,
I will need those PDFs of presentation to fully review and digest."
Riding on the success of the Thin Film Solar Summit US last year, Thin Film Today have upped the game and produced an even stronger speaker line-up and a completely focused agenda:
• The DOE will provide up-to-the-minute development on the loan guarantee program, tax credits and shed light on upcoming legislation that may affect the thin-film industry
• First Solar will share their experience on getting from MW to GW whilst Signet Solar, Abound Solar and Ascent Solar will discuss how to reduce costs and improve efficiency for a-Si, CdTe and CIGS respectively
• Recognised experts from Barclays Capital, Jane Capital Partners and Chadbourne & Parke LLP will be on hand to give advice on exactly what's needed to secure private funding for thin-film projects
• Kaneka, Applied Materials, Moser Baer, NREL, XSunX will discuss thin-film technology breakthroughs and innovative ways of reducing costs
• Oerlikon, Uni-Solar, Ersol Solar, Solyndra will discuss the best strategy for a manufacturer to stay competitive in today's thin-film market
This year's event is shaping up to be monumental - with international coverage, exceptional speakers and the opportunity to network with more connected thin-film professionals than ever before. The organisers will be welcoming thin-film manufacturers, investors, government representatives, engineers, scientists, project developers, utilities, researchers and key service providers.
For more information on the summit go to
For more information contact:
Thin Film Today
T: +44 (0)20 7375 7575
T: (US) 1800 814 3459 ext 7573
New Solar Today (CSP Today, CPV Today, OPV Today and Thin Film Today) is part of First Conferences Ltd. First Conferences Ltd, Registered in England and Wales - company registered number 03172417 7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK