SMA America, the North American subsidiary of global solar technology leader SMA Solar Technology AG, will unveil new commercial and utility-scale solar inverters, as well as monitoring solutions and professional services at this year's Solar Power International.
ROCKLIN, Calif., Sept. 9, 2010—SMA America, the North American subsidiary of global solar technology leader SMA Solar Technology AG, will unveil new commercial and utility-scale solar inverters, as well as monitoring solutions and professional services at this year's Solar Power International, scheduled for Oct. 12-14, 2010 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, Calif.
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to view the award-winning Sunny Central 800CP central inverter, which was desgined for the utility PV power market and includes powerful grid management functions that have already been field-proven in Europe.
The first transformerless inverter in North America to receive Underwriter Labratories (UL) certification--the Sunny Boy TL-US—will also be on display at the tradeshow. While transformerless inverters are well established in Europe, recent code changes have paved the way for broader acceptance in North America.
Professional services such as the Sunny PRO Club, a professional partnership designed to assist installers through marketing support, and the SMA Solar Academy, an educational endeavor that provides installers with hands-on training, will debut new offerings as well.
"From kilowatt to megawatt, SMA supplies the solar industry with innovative technology in every power class," said Jurgen Krehnke, president and general manager of SMA America. "This year, Solar Power International attendees will be able to view the latest SMA has to offer, including outstanding new inverters designed for the commercial and utility markets."
Products and services that will be showcased by SMA this year at booth 3827 will include:
• Sunny Central 800CP: The award winning Sunny Central 800CP is the first outdoor-rated, single device with a nominal capacity of 800 kVA. Its peak continuous power is 10 percent higher--880kVA—at temperatures below 77 F. Leading grid management functions are included as well. The CP (which stands for "compact power") and HE ("high efficiency") series are part of SMA's utility-scale lineup, which consists of power station solutions up to 1.6 MW.
• Sunny Boy TL-US: SMA recently became the world's first manufacturer to receive UL certification of its transformerless inverters. The Sunny Boy 8000TL-US, Sunny Boy 9000TL-US and Sunny Boy 10000TL-US are now UL-listed and are ideal for commercial as well as large-scale applications. The proven technology has been powering European systems for several years but is new to the North American market. The Sunny Boy TL-US series, part of the world's most popular line of solar inverters, features industry-best CEC efficiencies of up to 98 percent.
• Sunny WebBox with Bluetooth®: SMA takes wireless inverter communication one step further with the Sunny WebBox BT. It receives, stores and transmits performance data via Bluetooth, keeping system operators informed of performance. Through the Sunny WebBox, system parameters can be changed remotely and a variety of values can be measured and analyzed. All data from any connected devices can also be automatically transmitted to the SMA Sunny Portal, allowing access to critical information from any Internet-connected device.
• The SMA Solar Academy: The SMA Solar Academy will conducting Sunny Boy, Sunny Island and Sunny Central training seminars near the Los Angeles Convention Center on Oct. 14-15. For more details, or to register, visit www.SMA-America.com/SMA-Solar-Academy or call 916 625 0870
• Sunny PRO Club: The Sunny PRO Club, a professional partnership that combines SMA's marketing resources with installers' experience, will debut several new offerings at Solar Power International. A Sunny PRO Club members-only networking event featuring SMA engineers and executives will also be held at the Target Terrace at L.A. Live on Wednesday, Oct. 13. For more information, visit www.SunnyPROClub.com or call 916 625 0870.
The SMA Group generated sales of more than sales of 934 million Euro in 2009 and is the worldwide market leader for photovoltaic inverters, a key component of all solar power plants. It is headquartered in Niestetal, near Kassel, Germany, and is represented on four continents by 13 foreign subsidiaries. The Group employs a staff of over 4,000 (incl. temporary workers). SMA's product portfolio includes the most comprehensive range of inverters on the market, offering a compatible inverter for every type of photovoltaic module and for all plant sizes. The product range covers both inverters for photovoltaic plants connected to the grid as well as inverters for off-grid systems. Since 2008, the Group's parent company SMA Solar Technology AG has been listed on the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (S92) and also in the TecDAX index. In recent years, SMA has received numerous awards for its excellence as an employer.
About Solar Power International
Solar Power International (SPI), previously called Solar Power Conference and Expo, was created in 2004 when the Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA) and the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) joined together in partnership to fill an obvious void: North America was missing a business-to-business solar conference and expo. SPI is the largest solar conference and expo in North America and attracts the widest range of professional attendees. The event also educates consumers through a one-night public opening of the expo hall.