Included below you'll find the latest news announcements, press events and show information for Solar Power International 2010 (SPI
I. SPI Awarded #1 Fastest Growing Show
• Most Dramatic Growth in Exhibitors: The number of exhibitors at Solar Power International 09 was 118 percent over the previous year. There were 929 exhibiting companies on the expo floor and for SPI 10,that number is increasing to over 1,000.
• Show to Watch: This award identifies the show "most likely to succeed in the coming years." Not only did SPI achieve an impressive increase in exhibitors, it also grew 197 percent in net square feet and 20 percent in attendance, demonstrating the health and vibrancy of the solar industry overall.
II. SPI Announces Keynote Speakers
On Wednesday, Sept. 29, SPI announced its full line up of general session speakers.
• Tuesday, Oct. 12: Peter Darbee, CEO and president of Pacific Gas & Electric, is interviewed by Emmy Award winning journalist Deborah Norville. Darbee discusses the current period of exponential growth and change in the energy industry drawing on parallels based on his previous experience in the telecom industry.
• Wednesday, Oct. 13: CEO Roundtable Panel including a line-up of leaders from top solar and electric power players sharing their perspectives on expanding the U.S. solar market and exploring concerns vital to the solar industry. This year's CEO Panel is moderated by FORTUNE Magazine Contributing Editor and GreenBiz.com Senior Writer Mark Gunther. Speakers include:
o Matthew Baker, commissioner, Colorado Public Utilities Commission
o Tony Clifford, chief executive officer, Standard Solar
o Dan Shugar, chief executive officer, Solaria
o Terry Wang, chief financial officer, Trina Solar
• Thursday, Oct. 14: Keynote speakers James Carville and Mary Matalin share insights on the latest policy developments and their impact the solar industry, including the upcoming mid-term elections.