The international Passive House Academy is providing a series of AIA Accredited training events for Architects, Engineers & Construction professionals in the NYC area.
The three courses being provided are as follows:
• THERMAL BRIDGE CALCULATIONS - 2 Day Course (April 15th and 16th 2011): http://www.passivehouseacademy.com/courses-thermal-bridge-newyork-solar1.html
• PASSIVE HOUSE PRIMER - Half Day Course for just $85 (April 19th 2011): http://www.passivehouseacademy.com/courses-passive-planning-newyork-trespa.html
• CERTIFIED PASSIVE HOUSE CONSULTANTS - 8 Day Course (May 4th to 7th and May 18th to 21st ): http://www.passivehouseacademy.com/courses-passive-design-newyork-pratt.html
What is Passive House?
• "Passive House" is an ultra efficient building standard that saves up to 85% on space heating and cooling.
• It is fast becoming the leading energy efficiency and comfort standard for all building types across the World.
• This 20 year-old concept has been achieved in over 20,000 projects, from multi-family units to assisted living facilities, low income housing to condo developments and commercial properties to schools. And yes, you can also apply the standard to houses.
Why New York City?
While the Passive House standard is relatively new to the US, New York is ahead of the field in terms of Certified Consultants and emerging projects on site. Furthermore, we've noticed that the Northeast area is a hotspot in terms of interest in the Passive House concept.
Here is a short video on Passive House: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9SrAGvhBbU&feature=player_embedded
You can follow the links above to sign-up for any (or all) of the three courses listed.
If you have any queries please contact Tomás O'Leary at (646) 233-1365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.