Global Leader to Sponsor, Speak, Exhibit
ROCKLIN, Calif., and TORONTO, June 26, 2012—SMA is gearing up for its biggest presence to date at this year's Intersolar North America conference and exhibition, which will take place July 9-12, 2012, in San Francisco. A longtime supporter of Intersolar, SMA is anticipating a successful, interactive exhibit at the North American show this year. SMA will also sponsor two events during the conference and participate in a panel discussion.
"SMA is looking forward to playing a prominent role at this year's Intersolar North America," said Jurgen Krehnke, president and general manager of SMA America and president of SMA Canada. "Our customers and colleagues will gain valuable insight into our new design and inverter solutions as well as gain access to a number of networking and educational opportunities available on site."
SMA will feature various residential, off-grid and utility-scale solutions at the show. Highlights of the display will be some of SMA's newest products, including:
• SMA's Medium-Voltage Power Platform: This utility-scale solution includes two Sunny Central inverters, a medium-voltage transformer, optional DC or AC/DC disconnect cabinets and a control and supply panel for power distribution to local loads and (optionally) field tracker motors.
• Sunny Boy 200/240-US: In addition to the highly anticipated Sunny Boy 240 micro inverter, attendees will be able to preview the new Sunny Boy 200 micro inverter and the Sunny Multigate, an innovative communications and power interface. SMA's micro inverters, featuring simple design and installation, will be ideal for residential projects and systems with multiple orientations or shading.
• Off-Grid Configurator and Smartformer for Sunny Island Systems: The Off-Grid Configurator is a customizable solution that helps solar professionals design the ideal off-grid photovoltaic (PV) system, while the Smartformer is a transformer and distribution box that helps facilitate easy application for off-grid or grid-tied battery backup single Sunny Island systems.
• Sunny Island 6048-US: Building upon SMA's proven Sunny Island technology, the newest Sunny Island offers durability, maximum efficiency, parallel connection and modular expansion with a 20 percent increase in power output. It employs the innovative intelligent battery management that SMA's current Sunny Islands utilize.
• Sunny Boy 6000-11000 TL-US: These transformerless inverters offer lighter weight, higher efficiency and now operate on 240 V, offering installers a reliable choice for transformerless inverters.
In addition to new products on display, SMA's own Krehnke will be participating in a panel discussion, "PV Market Support: Political Framework Outlook," Monday, July 9, from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Krehnke, along with other industry leaders, will share insights and opinions on current legislative framework in Europe and North America and how it supports renewable energy.
This year's SMA exhibit will showcase the company's core competencies: exceptional customer service, ongoing training and education, quality products and support. Representatives from the Sunny PRO Club will be on site to talk about the benefits, services and Regional Forums that solar professionals can access when they join the Sunny PRO Club. SMA Solar Academy trainers will also be present to discuss some of the great training and educational opportunities SMA offers to solar professionals.
One of the more entertaining elements held in conjunction with Intersolar North America, The Battle of the Bands, scheduled for July 11, will feature SMA's employee band "The Voltaics" going head-to-head with other solar industry musicians. SMA is one of the sponsors of The Battle of the Bands and will also be a sponsor of Intersolar's official networking event, Solar Summerfest, which will take place July 10.
The SMA Group generated sales of €1.7 billion in 2011 and is the global market leader for solar inverters, a key component of all PV plants. It is headquartered in Niestetal, near Kassel, Germany, and is represented in 20 countries on four continents. The Group employs more than 5,500 people worldwide, plus a number of temporary employees that varies on a seasonal basis. SMA's broad product portfolio includes a compatible inverter for every type of module on the market and for all PV plant sizes. The product range includes inverters both for grid-connected PV plants and for off-grid systems. SMA can therefore provide an ideal inverter solution for all plant sizes and types. Since 2008, the Group's parent company, SMA Solar Technology AG, has been listed on the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (S92) and also in the TecDAX index. In recent years, SMA has received numerous awards for excellence as an employer and in 2011 and 2012 achieved first place in Germany's nationwide Great Place to Work® competition. www.SMA-America.com/www.SMA-Canada.ca