Experts for Leading-Edge Technologies Meet at SEMICON Europa 2012 in Dresden
Berlin, Germany – September 5, 2012 – SEMICON Europa 2012 features over 40 programs and
GLOBALFOUNDRIES, STMicroelectronics and other companies join the most important event for
the semiconductor and microelectronic industry in Europe. The lineup of the keynote speakers is
now confirmed and online.
The 16th European Fab Managers Forum, a comprehensive two-day event, covers issues and
topics focused on the improvement of the manufacturing productivity and extending the life of
existing FABs through new technologies and markets. This year's topic: "Cost Reduction and
Continuous Improvement by using IT Tools". The keynote speakers are:
• Michael Hummel, Head of European Operations at Texas Instruments, speaks about
"Semiconductor Manufacturing in Europe – A Mandatory Challenge",
• Jirko Lohse, Senior Director Production at Infineon. He focuses on "Automation Makes
The International MEMS/MST Forum will concentrate on "New Dynamics in the MEMS
Industry". The forum is an exceptional platform for exhibitors and visitors to explore the MEMS
industry supply chain. The keynote will be given by:
• Leopold Beer, Director Marketing, Bosch Sensortec: "Consumer MEMS a Technology
The 450mm Session is covering the latest state of introducing, planning and R&D for 450mm.
The session includes all major initiatives as well as the progresses which were achieved during
the last years. The keynotes will be:
• Bas van Nooten, Director European Cooperative Programs, ASM: "EEMI450 Innitiative",
• Michael Liehr, General Manager, G450C, University of Albany: "Status of G450C Rampup
• Frank Bornebroek, ASML: "ASML's 450mm Product Strategy & Technology
The Advanced Packaging Conference will present "Packaging Solutions for the New
Technologies". The conference will provide opportunities to learn more about the most important
microelectronics applications' developments which enable novel, advanced packaging solutions to
be the key drivers in system integration of electronic devices. The keynote speakers are:
• Markus Brunnbauer, Wafer Level Packaging Platform Manager, Intel Mobile
Communications: "The Evolution of Packaging for Future Systems",
• David McCann, Senior Director Technical Business Operations, GLOBALFOUNDRIES:
"Product Drivers and Process Advances for 3D and 2.5D".
The 14th European Manufacturing Test Conference (EMTC) is presenting "Overcoming New
Test Challenges through Cooperation and Innovation". The Conference will present an
interesting mix of topics in the broad area of testing semiconductor devices. Keynote speakers for
the EMTC are:
• Robert Madge, Director Design Enabled Manufacturing, GLOBALFOUNDRIES: "The
Changing Role of Test in the Fabless/Foundry Supply Chain",
• John West, CEO, VLSI Research Europe Limited: "Trends in Test and Test
SEMICON Europa 2012 remains the largest annual industry event in Europe focusing on
technologies and solutions for advanced microelectronics manufacturing including
semiconductors, MEMS, printed and plastic electronics, power electronics, and other emerging
and related electronics markets.
For more information on topics, conferences, expert events and exhibitors please visit
SEMI is the global industry association serving the nano- and microelectronic manufacturing
supply chains. SEMI member companies are the engine of the future, enabling smarter, faster and
more economical products that improve our lives. Since 1970, SEMI has been committed to
helping members grow more profitably, create new markets and meet common industry
challenges. SEMI maintains offices in Beijing, Bengaluru, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu,
Moscow, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C.
For more information, visit www.semi.org/eu.