Global Leader to Exhibit Solutions for Virtually All System Sizes
ROCKLIN, Calif., and TORONTO, June 25, 2013—SMA is set to unveil several of its new residential, commercial and utility-scale products and services at this year's Intersolar North America conference and exhibition. SMA will also sponsor two events and conduct new product introduction sessions at the show, which will take place July 8-11 in San Francisco.
"SMA is pleased to once again have a prominent presence at one of the leading solar platforms in North America: Intersolar," said Henry Dziuba, president and general manager of SMA America and president of SMA Canada. "This year, attendees will be able to view the latest SMA has to offer, including products and services for nearly every system size."
SMA will feature various residential, commercial and utility-scale solutions at the show at booth #8321. Highlights of the display will be some of SMA's newest products and services, including:
• Sunny Boy 240-US: SMA's Sunny Boy micro inverter system is optimized for reliability and features unique Multigate technology. A simplified design enables greater power production and trouble-free communication. Flexible installation and monitoring choices deliver a new level of customization in a user-friendly package.
• Sunny Boy TL-US: The Sunny Boy 3000TL-US/4000TL-US/5000TL-US represents an evolutionary leap forward in residential string inverter performance. Superior power production is derived from leading CEC efficiency. Dual MPPTs and SMA's OptiTrac™ Global Peak MPP tracking mitigate the effect of shade and allow for installation at challenging sites. A unique Secure Power Supply feature provides owners with access to daytime power even in the event of a grid outage.
• Sunny Tripower TL-US: SMA's best-selling inverter is coming to North America. This three-phase transformerless inverter features peak efficiency above 98 percent. It delivers a future-proof solution with full grid management, and innovative communications features. It offers unmatched flexibility with a wide input voltage range and two MPP trackers. Applicable for both 600 V DC and 1,000 V DC applications, the Sunny Tripower TL-US lowers LCOE while delivering high value.
• Compact Medium-Voltage Power Platform: The Compact MV Power Platform turnkey power conversion solution maximizes energy production, providing 110 percent rated power output at temperatures up to 25 C. It is also engineered for maximum ROI, offering reduced system costs, high reliability and best-in-class system efficiencies of more than 97 percent.
• Medium Power Solutions Extended Warranty: Also at SMA's booth, attendees can learn about new warranty options for Sunny Boy and Sunny Tripower series inverters. The new program comprises two choices: Extended Warranty, which offers security with minimal investment, and Extended Warranty Plus, a full-service warranty program with an added service rebate. New, lower pricing and a special upgrade program make SMA Service more compelling than ever.
• Service for Power Plants: SMA Power Plant Solutions Asset Management is a bundled service concept and offers ways to speed installation velocity, reduce long-term costs, and optimize project financials. This includes Grid Emulation™, a first-of-its-kind start-up service that can significantly pull forward commercial operation dates, and plant-wide Operations and Maintenance (O&M). Available as one of three plans—Preventative, Proactive and Performance—SMA O&M protects long-term power production.
SMA Solar Academy trainers will also be present to discuss some of the great training and educational opportunities SMA offers to solar professionals, and will conduct new product introduction sessions daily.
One of the more entertaining elements held in conjunction with Intersolar North America, Solar Battle of the Bands, scheduled for July 10, will feature SMA's employee band "The Voltaics" going head-to-head with other solar industry musicians. SMA is one of the sponsors of Solar Battle of the Bands and will also be a sponsor of Intersolar's official networking event, Solar Summerfest, which will take place July 9.
The SMA Group generated sales of €1.5 billion in 2012 and is the global market leader for solar inverters, a key component of all PV plants and, as an energy management group, offers innovative key technologies for future power supply structures. It is headquartered in Niestetal, near Kassel, Germany, and is represented internationally in 21 countries. The Group employs more than 5,000 people worldwide. SMA's broad product portfolio includes a compatible inverter for every type of module on the market and for all plant sizes. The product range includes both inverters for photovoltaic plants connected to the grid as well as inverters for off-grid systems. SMA is therefore able to provide ideal technical inverter solutions for all plant sizes and types. Since 2008, the Group's parent company, SMA Solar Technology AG, has been listed on the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (S92) and also in the TecDAX index. In recent years, SMA has received numerous awards for excellence as an employer and achieved first place in the nationwide "Great Place to Work®" competition in 2011 and 2012. www.SMA-America.com/www.SMA-Canada.ca