CMT's 2nd Myanmar Power Summit, in Yangon on 23-25 September 2013, seeks to enlighten participants about the recent developments in Myanmar's real estate sector, including government plans, opportunities, and foreign investment role in meeting Myanmar's mammoth electricity & utilities demand.
The 2nd Myanmar Power Summit, organised by the Centre for Management Technology (CMT) with the support of Myanmar's Ministry of Electric Power (MOEP) as official host, is set to update attendees on Myanmar's power demand and supply situation since the last summit held in January this year. The September summit brings top government officials, global power producers and key players of the value chain to Yangon from 23rd to 25th September for 2 days of interactive exchanges and networking sessions, looking into sustainable power production, supply and best management practices, among others.
His Excellency Mr. U Khin Maung Soe, Minister, Ministry of Electric Power, will officially open the summit with a keynote address unveiling the power sector plans in Myanmar. Like in the first summit, a delegation of key officials from the Ministry of Electric Power, Myanmar Electric Power Enterprise (MEPE) and Yangon City Electricity Supply Board (YESB) are being roped in to participate in the exclusive one-to-one meeting sessions allowing delegates to explore, clarify and discuss opportunities in Myanmar's Power sector with the authorities face-to-face. This year CMT has allocated more sessions, opened for reservations on first-come basis.
The program agenda includes several vital presentations by the MOEP and foreign investors and partners covering feasibility studies & projects, regulatory & policy update including:
• Framework for Power Development Plan (PPP & etc.), Environmental Policy for Power Projects – U. Kyaw Myat Htoo, Department of Hydropower Planning, Ministry of Electric Power
• Formulation of Myanmar National Electricity Plan and related JICA's support – Teruyuki Ito, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and Dr. Satoshi Yamaoka, International Operation, NEWJEC Inc.
• Ensuring Domestic Supply of Natural Gas for Sustainable Power Generation – U. Aung Kyaw Htoo, Energy Planning Dept., Ministry of Energy
• IPPs - Advantages & Challenges to Seeking Project Financing in Myanmar – Nathan Dodd, Mayer Brown JSM (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
• Road map for developing a large grid connected power project in Myanmar – Shirish S Dikay, Tata Power Company Ltd.
• Panel discussion: Attracting Foreign Investment & [Financing to Myanmar's Power Sector– Funding Option for the Growth – Moderator: Nathan Dodd, Mayer Brown JSM (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. Panelists: Chan Han Meng, ADL Capital Advisors, Ei Phyusin Htay, Barons Machinery & Engineering Co., Ltd and Mark Giblett, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
This September meet has already garnered participants from both Local & International Power Producers, Renewable Energy Developers/Producers, Coal Producers/ Exporters, Power Delivery/Transmission Companies, Financial Institutions & Project Financiers, Thermal Power Equipment & Technologies Providers, Clean Coal Technologies Providers, Renewable Energy (Hydro, Solar, Wind) Technologies Providers, Power Technology &Equipment Service Providers, EPCs & Energy/Power Developers and Legal Consultants.
For delegate registrations, sponsorship and media exchange inquiries for the 2nd Myanmar Power Summit, please contact Grace at +65 6346 9147.
Visit http://www.cmtevents.com/main.aspx?ev=130933& for further information