Focal Point: Geothermal Energy

Stuttgart Geothermal Energy Day as part of "CEP® CLEAN ENERGY POWER®" at the New Stuttgart Trade Fair Center

Stuttgart Geothermal Energy Day as part of "CEP® CLEAN ENERGY POWER®"

at the New Stuttgart Trade Fair Center

In the field of geothermal energy, climate-friendly energy supply and increased energy efficiency are becoming increasingly important. Geothermal heat pumps are economical. They can be extended to air conditioning systems and even existing buildings can be converted in many cases. Over 100,000 systems have already been installed. The branch of near-surface geothermal energy can celebrate the better than average growth rate experienced in the past several years. The Federal German Government has supported geothermal heat pumps since 2008 with funding, which should mean a further step forward for the industry.

Entire cities can be heated with underground thermal water. Particularly in Southern and Southwest Germany, new long-distance heating systems are becoming evermore prevalent. Many municipalities are thinking about whether and how they should utilize these resources for their citizens in the long run.

In Germany, geothermal power plants are new players on the renewable energy field. In 2008, three new plants will open: Neustadt-Glewe in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Landau in Palatinate, Bruchsal on the Upper Rhine and Unterhaching near Munich. In Southern Bavaria, drill work is taking place in several areas in order to tap eligible thermal water reservoirs. Further systems and technologies can be found in the pipeline.

In just a few years, it will go without saying, that geothermal energy can be produced at nearly every location. Because this energy can be found all over the earth, 99% of our plant is warmer than 1000 °C. From the remaining 1%, 99% are still warmer than 100 °C. Heat is growing constantly on the surface, which comes from the inside of the earth - an energy flow that constitutes for a large amount of the human energy demand and that we only have to tap into.

Whether it is deep or near-surface geothermal energy, whoever uses geothermal power inevitably, frees them from increasing prices on the conventional market. Geothermal energy is always available.

At Stuttgart's CEP® CLEAN ENERGY POWER, from 29. - 31. January 2009 at New Stuttgart Trade Fair Center, one can get better acquainted with this topic on various levels. There, for once a trade fair will take place, where exhibitors from the geothermal branch will also present their products and services. And the accompanying conference program "Deep Geothermal Energy" on 30.01.2009 will focus on the following topics as well as others:

The specific characteristics of geothermal energy in project management, project control and time management for geothermal facilities construction will be discussed. Furthermore, feasibility studies for geothermal facilities will be introduced. Risk management will be also explained using field reports and solution approaches. Finally, innovative development methods in deep geothermal energy will be discussed and examples and experiences from the field will also be presented.

At the CEP® CLEAN ENERGY POWER® 2009 visitors can learn about the entire spectrum of renewable energy and energy efficiency in construction and renovation. The topic spectrum ranges from photovoltaic and solar energy to geothermal energy, heat pumps, cogeneration, biomass, stirling engines, heating with wood, all the way to energy services. Around one fourth of the fair floor will be taken up by passive house topics, which is also the greatest emphasis at the fair. In cooperation with the specifically developed initiative "Pro Passive House," many activities about passive house will take place in a highlighted trade fair area.

Featured Product

TRA SNOW AND SUN - SOLAR TILE MOUNT

TRA SNOW AND SUN - SOLAR TILE MOUNT

You haven't installed a tile mount that is easier to install than the Solar Tile Mount manufactured by TRA Snow and Sun. Solar Tile Mount is used on all tile roof profiles: flat, mid, and high. It is made in the USA of aluminum alloy for strength and excellent corrosion resistance. Solar Tile Mount is built to allow more ease in installation with more rise from the tile surface to the rail for better air flow below panels. The adjustable base is longer than most allowing attachment 6" to the left or right to have the bracket in the base of the pan of the tile and still fasten to the rafter. Solar Tile Mount is adjustable for counter batten systems from ¾" to 3". The horizontal rail is directly above base fasteners giving greater uplift resistance than any other system. For superior waterproofing apply TRA Snow and Sun's butyl backed VersaFlash aluminum flashing. No tile flashing is needed on top of the tile for greater labor and material cost savings.