ScanTheSun is an application for mobile ANDROID devices. The app calculates best direction and insolation of a solar panel taking into account surrounding trees, buildings or other sources of shading. It enables collector adjustment even in complicated urban surroundings.
The app is targeted to support the installation of solar cells by companies and also individual users of solar systems.
ScanTheSun allows to:
- calculate the amount of solar energy reaching the collector
- find the energy loss due to shadow casted by objects in the vicinity
- plan the collectors mounting (selection of the best part of the roof, proper panels orientation) even in a complicated urban areas
- calculate the hours of water warming or electric energy production during the day
- prepare a complex documentation of insolation and efficiency of solar installations
Short screen-recorded presentations of ScanTheSun :
Screen-recorded presentations with additional explanations.: