Biomass & Bioenergy industry set to meet and explore new green opportunities for WEST & CENTRAL Africa this October
1. Singapore, 10th September 2012 – Industry stakeholders from forestry, wood pellets, wood chips, agri based biomass and bioenergy power generation from in and around African region will be meeting in Accra at next month's 2nd Biomass West & Central Africa Congress 2012 to be held from 04th to 05th October at the La Palm Royal Beach Hotel
2. The two-day premier congress will gather global and regional government representatives and key biomass industry market stakeholders from Ghana, USA, Nigeria, Mali, Equatorial Guinea, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Senegal, Togo, Cape Verde, D.R. Congo, France, South Africa, Finland, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, UAE, Germany, The Netherlands, India, Zambia, Cote d'Ivoire, Denmark, Singapore, UK etc
3. This year's distinguished speakers include: Sonia Medina, COO and Founder, Africa Renewables, Thera Aminata Fofana, Deputy Director General, ANADEB (National Agency for the Development of Bio-Fuels), Ngansop Bernard Maglorie, General Secretary, Association for Research and Promotion of Sustainable Energy in Central Africa (ARPEDAC), Nikiéma Mariam Gui, President, Autorité de Régulation du Sous-secteur de l'Electricité (ARSE),Robert Futter, Director, Cresco Project Finance, Bah F M Saho, Renewable Energy Expert, ECOWAS Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency (ECREEE), Alexandre Vial, President, Enercap, Kwanbena Otu-Danquah, Chief-Renewable Energy, Energy Commission of Ghana, Séraphin Kasemuana, Energy & Climate Change Expert, Institut supérieur des techniques appliqués (ISTA), Lawrence I. N. Ezemonye, Director, National Centre for Energy & Environment (NCEE),Segun Adaju, Project Manager. UNDP/ Bank of Industry, Adebayo Agdejule, Associate Professor, Vaasa University of Applied Sciences.
4. This Congress is supported by ECREEE. Mahama Kappiah, Executive Director of ECREEE commented: "Biomass is among the most prevalent resources in the ECOWAS Region, which has for centuries provided the people's energy needs. The use of this resource in the traditional way, has contributed to deforestation and negative health and environmental impacts over the years. However, the traditional use of biomass is rapidly giving way to modern and sustainable methods. The 2nd Biomass congress will bring together key players in government and industry to identify ways of unlocking the potentials of this resource for cleaner and healthier utilization that will rejuvenate the economies of the region particularly in the rural communities for Increased food production, Increasing energy access, and poverty reduction. This 2-day meeting would be eventful and inspiring and will provide opportunities to learn and share experiences and also establish contact."
5. More than 20 countries are expected to participate at this Congress. Séraphin KASEMUANA, Energy & Climate Change Expert of Institut supérieur des techniques appliqués "ISTA" said: "The interesting part to me is the moment of discussion, it is a better time to exchange experiences and ideas in order to build the better future of our people. We have to be together, sharing our experiences: policy makers, power station buyers, local grid distributors, scientists involved in research, etc."
6. Rober Futter, Director of Cresco Project Finance concurred: "The largest energy focused forum in West Africa. Not just a talk shop – the place for real deal making in the Energy space. Renewable Energy opportunities – could supersede the program in South Africa"
7. Project opportunities will be presented by various countries. Mr. Segun Adaju, Project Manager of Access to Renewable Energy (ATRE) NDP/Bank of Industry Nigeria is looking forward to the" opportunity to network with key stakeholders in the biomass industry that will shape the future trend of the industry in West and Central Africa. My position in shaping the industry in Nigeria through the UNDP/Bank of Industry Access to Renewable Energy Project will benefit from updates on innovative technologies. Attendance at this Congress is key for stakeholders given the profile of Magenta Global in this space and the opportunity it will avail to scale up development and investment opportunities in the region. Accra is a good location given the central position it holds in the region and the development it has recorded in biomass development in West and Central Africa. I am positive that the Congress will be considered for Nigeria in the nearest future"
8. Alexandre VIAL, CEO of Enercap (France) noted that 'West & Central Africa has an amazing potential in cocoa, cashew, apple & agricultural wastes … but unfortunately the resources is not well exploited and the biomass efficient technologies not yet developed in Africa" He noted that the Congress will facilitate the sharing of experiences and success, get updated on biomass technologies and benchmark Africa and the rest of the world.
9. The CEO of the conference organizing company, Magenta Global Pte Ltd, Singapore, Ms Maggie Tan, welcome the strong support from both the public and private sector. " We have a very rich program and excellent speakers to examine key areas and to build partnerships between stakeholders."
10. This Congress is organized by Singapore-based Magenta Global with the support of ECOWAS Regional Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE). Muyang biomass engineering company will be exhibiting at the congress.
11. The Congress proceedings will be in both French & English
Magenta Global Pte Ltd
Ms Reema Raj
DID: +65 6392 2530
Main: +65 6392 2552
Notes for Editor:
About Magenta Global - Organizer
Magenta Global Pte Ltd is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide. The organization provides the opportunity to share thought-provoking insights, exchange ideas on the latest industry trends and technological developments with thought leaders and business peers. With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public and private sectors. www.magenta-global.com.sg
About exhibitor – MUYANG
Muyang group is a global company with R&D, project design, manufacturing, project installation capability and whose activities cover animal feed processing, biomass energy processing, food processing, rice processing, silo, conveyor, electric control system, steel structure, environmental protection etc business.
In domestic region, Muyang group takes 60% parts in own specialized industry. Through 2009 CHINA CUSTOM EXPORT SURVEY, Muyang Group took the part of 65% of the total export in entire industry. Muyang branch companies and sales offices have located in five continents (Asia, Europe, America, Africa, Oceania ), in addition is a large network of agents and distributors worldwide. Muyang products, solutions and engineering projects are well working in more than 70 countries and Muyang brand has won wide recognition all over the world.
Muyang biomass engineering company, which is directly subordinated to Muyang group, is specialized in and fully dedicated to supplying biomass energy equipment and facilities for pelletizing various renewable loose biomass materials, such as sawdust, wood chips, bark, wood shavings, crop stalks, straws and other industrial & fertilizer etc.
About ECREEE – Supporting Organization
VisionStatement and Overall Objective
The ovrall objective of ECREEE is to contribute to the sustainable economic, social and environmental development of West Africa by improving access to modern, reliable and affordable energy services, energy security and reduction of energy related GHG emissions and climate change impacts on the energy system.
This objective will be achieved through the promotion of regional markets for renewable energy and energy efficiency. The activities of ECREEE will therefore directly contribute to the achievement of the goals of the ECOWAS white paper, the Millennium Development Goals (MDG's) and the international GHG mitigation goals.
Mission Statement and Specific Objective
The specific objective of ECREEE is to create favourable framework conditions and an enabling environment for renewable energy and energy efficiency markets by supporting activities directed to mitigate existing barriers