JER Envirotech International Corp. is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Peter Baran as Chief Operating Officer, effective immediately.
Vancouver, B.C. - June 6, 2007 - JER Envirotech International Corp. (TSX Venture: JER; Frankfurt Stock Exchange: KFTB) ("JER" or the "Company") is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Peter Baran as Chief Operating Officer, effective immediately. In this capacity, Mr. Baran assumes responsibility for overseeing the Company's day-to-day operations globally as well as the implementation of the Company's business plan. Mr. Baran brings to JER more than 20 years experience in executive-level management of operations.
"We are very pleased to have Mr. Baran join our management team," states Ed Trueman, JER's CEO. "His successful career includes bringing a number of startup ventures to maturity, as well as holding key executive positions with some very large organizations. His strategy development skills are second to none and he has a demonstrated ability to grow both the top and bottom lines. Mr. Baran's creative, but logical approach to business management and
collaborative leadership style also make him the ideal COO for our organization."
Prior to his appointment with JER, Mr. Baran's previous work history includes:
- From 2005 to 2007, Mr. Baran served as Vice-President, British Columbia for CGI Information Systems and Management, an information
technology systems and support provider with more than $3.5B in annual sales globally. Mr. Baran led a team of 130 staff and was
responsible for reorganizing operations and refocusing business direction. Revenues more than doubled under his leadership.
- From 2003 to 2005, Mr. Baran was Managing Director, British Columbia, for AGTI West, an information systems consulting firm based
out of Calgary, Alberta. In this capacity, he established a BC presence for the organization as well as lead multiple strategic planning and systems implementation projects.
- From 2001 to 2003, Mr. Baran was the Project Director for the Electricity Branch of the Alberta Department of Energy, where he was responsible for the remediation of a multi-billion dollar provincial electricity industry deregulation program. Mr. Baran also managed strategy and policy development, as well as the reworking of the Alberta Electric Utilities Act and 18 applicable regulations.
- From 2001 to 2002, Mr. Baran was startup Chief Executive Officer of Juricert Services, a subsidiary of the Law Society of British Columbia. Mr. Baran oversaw the development of an innovative new software product that manages the application, validation, creation
and registration of digital signatures for the LSBC. He was also responsible for arranging business financing, as well as business plan development and implementation.
- From 1991 to 2001, Mr. Baran was Director, British Columbia, for Fujitsu Consulting (through acquisition of DMR Consulting Group), an
international information systems consulting firm. Mr. Baran played a key role in the management team that grew the organization to
become the third largest systems integrator in British Columbia and the second largest consulting services provider to the British Columbia Government.
Mr. Baran holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree (Honors) from the University of British Columbia. He is also a Board member of the BC
Land Titles and Survey Authority (2nd term), a past member of the Digital MBA Advisory Board, Royal Roads University and a former
Vice-President for the 1989 Canada Summer Games.
ABOUT JER ENVIROTECH INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
JER is a global manufacturer of wood-plastic (or alternative fibre) composite (WPC) compounds and panel boards. The Company's patented
WPC technology utilizes waste or by-product materials, such as sawdust and rice husk, to produce environmentally-friendly alternative
products for applications in the automotive manufacturing, construction and transport industries. The Company currently has a
range of unique WPC additive formulations which it developed in collaboration with the National Research Council - Industrial
Materials Institute of Canada.
JER has WPC manufacturing operations in Canada and Malaysia, and is currently in the process of establishing new plants in the Philippines and India.
For more information, visit www.jerenvirotech.com