Proposals for Professional Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) to be submitted before 6 October 2016
KIC InnoEnergy, the innovation engine for sustainable energy across Europe, has launched its call for professional MOOCs.
The Europe-wide call is looking for applications from universities, research institutes or companies who have ideas for educational products or services relating to sustainable energy, but who need funding and a network of partners to develop and commercialise them.
KIC InnoEnergy believes that education is just as vital to getting us to a sustainable energy future as actual innovation, and is launching the call to increase the choice of courses for individuals and companies wishing to enhance skills for their employees.
"MOOCs and on-line learning are an important part of the education mix and are already showing dramatic growth, making this a fantastic opportunity for those with bright ideas," says KIC InnoEnergy's Director of Education, Torsten Fransson.
"We know that many ideas in this field struggle to make it to the lecture theatre because they lack a channel to market, funding or professional network required to get them over the line.
"By applying to our call, successful applicants will have access to KIC InnoEnergy's European sustainable energy network, including leading players from academia, industry and research, as well as a large number of start-ups. It also provides a direct marketing channel aimed at aspiring individuals and companies wishing to upskill their talent bank.
"We think that it's a creative, collaborative environment and a belief in the need for life-long learning that really allow educational concepts to flourish. I'd urge those with ideas in this field to get in touch, apply and turn their concepts into courses that will make a difference to students and the energy sector."
All of the successful MOOCs will be available to view on iSE by KIC InnoEnergy - the new portal for professional online learning in sustainable energy.
+44 (0) 20 7242 8867
Notes to editors:
Proposals will need to address at least one of KIC InnoEnergy's educational topics:
• Clean Coal Technologies
• Energy Efficiency
• Energy from Chemical Fuels
• Energy Storage
• Renewable Energies
• Sustainable Nuclear and Renewable Energy Convergence
• Smart and Efficient Buildings and Cities
• Smart Electric Grid
• Competences and skills for entrepreneurs
• Business for entrepreneurs
• Innovation management
KIC InnoEnergy will consider fee-based online offerings, as well as products or services offered on-campus or on-site at companies. Blended courses combining virtual tutoring classes or coaching services with traditional teaching are also welcome.
Applications will be assessed for their:
• Potential business opportunity
• Educational ambition and quality
• Financial and operational viability, and
• How they fit with KIC InnoEnergy's overriding objective of connecting the ‘knowledge triangle', i.e. innovation, education and entrepreneurship.
The call is open until 6 October 2016. For full details of how to apply click here
For more information applicants are invited to get in touch with the KIC InnoEnergy education team - you can find contact details here
About KIC InnoEnergy (www.kic-innoenergy.com)
KIC InnoEnergy is the innovation engine for sustainable energy across Europe.
The challenge is big, but our goal is simple: to achieve a sustainable energy future for Europe. Innovation is the answer. New ideas and new solutions and products that make a real difference, new businesses and new people to deliver them to market.
At KIC InnoEnergy we support and invest in innovation at every stage of the journey - from classroom to customers. With our network of partners we build connections across Europe, bringing together inventors and industry, entrepreneurs and markets, graduates and employers, researchers and businesses.
We work in three essential areas of the innovation mix:
• Education to help create an informed and ambitious workforce that understands what sustainability demands and industry needs - for the future of the industry.
• Product innovation to bring together ideas, inventors and industry in collaboration to enable commercially viable products and services that deliver real results.
• Business creation to help entrepreneurs and start-ups who are creating sustainable businesses to grow rapidly to contribute to the global energy ecosystem.
Together, our work creates and connects the building blocks for the sustainable energy industry that Europe needs.