The Business Development Division from Gilbert, Arizonawill be exhibiting at the Solar Power International (SPI) 2010 Conference being held October 12-14, 2010 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Recent Technology Companies Establishing in Gilbert Include ColnaTec, Diversified Energy Corporation, and Heliae
Solar Power International 2010, Los Angeles, CA, October 12, 2010 - The Business Development Division from Gilbert, Arizona, in conjunction with the Arizona Commerce Authority, Arizona Public Service utility company, and Greater Phoenix Economic Council, will be exhibiting at the Solar Power International (SPI) 2010 Conference being held October 12-14, 2010 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Gilbert's Business Development Division (located in the Arizona Public Service booth #3000) will be promoting Gilbert's solar-related technology resources, business and partnering opportunities, and investment incentives to companies and site selectors from around the world.
"While planning the new location for our corporate offices, R&D, and manufacturing, we thoroughly researched all of our available options and chose Gilbert," said Wendy L. Jameson, CEO of ColnaTec LLC. "Our company is undergoing a strong growth phase this year and Gilbert met all of our physical, technical, and infrastructure requirements."
"Solar power and renewable energy are strategic industry sectors for Gilbert. We are committed to channeling our resources towards companies that will fuel our future economic growth," stated Gilbert Mayor John Lewis. "Over the past year, our business development division worked diligently to successfully attract leading innovative technology companies like ColnaTec and Heliae."
Solar-Related Companies Recently Establishing in Gilbert Include:
ColnaTec LLC: A leading developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art sensors and electronic instrumentation used in the production of thin film solar cells. Awarded a $100,000 U.S. Department of Energy research grant to develop a new breed of industrial sensor.
Diversified Energy Corporation: Specializes in alternative and renewable energy technologies such as an advanced gasification technique, a biofuels conversion process, and an algal biomass cultivation system that is scalable and economical.
Heliae: Leverages the fields of algal plant science, biotechnology, and fluid and thermal engineering to completely redefine the energy value chain and forge a new path to fuels that boast solar conversion efficiencies yet unrealized.
Arizona Bill Attracts Solar and Renewable Energy Companies
Arizona Bill SB1403 for renewable, high-wage industries incentives took effect January 1, 2010 and is designed to make the state more competitive with other states offering similar incentives.
Newly-Established Arizona Companies Attributed to SB1403 Include:
● Suntech (150 jobs, $14M capital)
● Tower Automotive (182 jobs, $35M capital)
● Linamar (52 jobs, $3.5M capital)
● Rio Glass (109 jobs, $50.6M capital)
● Alpha Energies (57 jobs, $5.1M capital)
● PowerOne (350 jobs, $11M capital)
Key Solar Industry Advantages to Gilbert, Ariz. and Greater Phoenix Region
● The photovoltaic testing laboratory at ASU Polytechnic (border of Gilbert & Mesa) is the most comprehensive, state-of-the-art facility in the world for testing and certification of solar energy companies' equipment.
● Arizona is a leader in solar production and research, home to more than 100 established global solar manufacturers, and one of the strongest growth markets for business and consumer solar products and services.
● The Phoenix area, with 321 days of sunshine per year, is a top two market for concentrated semiconductor workforce relative to total employment, and poised to be the U.S. solar energy capital.
● Solana, a 280-megawatt concentrating solar power plant under construction--it is the largest such project on private land in the U.S. Arizona is also home to the largest photovoltaic array on U.S. government land--a 15-megawatt plant under construction at Luke Air Force Base.
About Gilbert, Ariz. Business Development Services
Companies visiting with Gilbert, Arizona representatives at its booth will receive the latest Industry reports, statistics, and other informational materials about Arizona's solar industry and its unique economic advantages, investment opportunities, and future growth areas.
As a division of Gilbert's development services department, business development is committed to the attraction and retention of business and industry to the Gilbert community. The division provides expert support in streamlining site searches for businesses, connecting decision-makers and leveraging knowledge assets that spur innovation. Companies interested in opening offices in Gilbert for should contact Gilbert's economic development division at: email@example.com or (480) 503-6010.
About Gilbert, Arizona
Gilbert, Arizona is located approximately 10 miles southeast of Phoenix, Arizona and centrally positioned between two major airports, Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and the new Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport. With a population of 220,000 Gilbert was ranked the 4th fastest-growing large municipality in the nation according to CNN/Money Magazine. Gilbert also has one of the finest K-12 education systems in Arizona and ranks 28th out of the top 100 best places to live in America. For more information about Gilbert, Arizona, call (480) 503-6080 or visit: http://www.ci.gilbert.az.us/.