CMT's Biomass Trade & Power Europe is the region's vital summit bringing together key European and North American power producers, wood pellets and wood chips buyers & suppliers for focused dialogue on the EU's growing biomass demand and feedstock supply amidst policy changes.
CMT's Biomass Trade & Power Europe summit is set to be the key platform to gain market insights on wood chip and pellet developments in the EU and network with new European buyers. A key highlight of the summit is the Utility & Trader Panel led by Europe's major wood pellet consumers - Dong Energy, RWE Supply & Trading, GDF SUEZ Energy Management Trading and Vattenfall. The panel shares insights on biomass market challenges, 2016 demand projections and policy developments in key countries.
In a Sustainability Panel, hear from some of the first producers to get SBP certified, and the management of SBP about the challenges in meeting the certification requirements, along with the key sustainability policy decisions in the Netherlands & the UK. The panel is led by Alicia Cramer, VP Business Development, Westervelt Renewable Energy; Vaughan Bassett, Senior VP, Sales & Logistics, Pinnacle Renewable Energy and Peter Wilson, Executive Director, Sustainable Biomass Partnership.
The summit has also included a Global Producer Panel headed by Vaughan Bassett, Senior VP, Sales & Logistics with Pinnacle Renewable Energy; Harold Arnold, President, Fram Renewable Fuels and Raul Kirjanen, CEO of AS Graanul Invest - ‘Assessing the Shifting Dynamics of the Pellet Production'.
Providing an overview of the international wood chip market is Hofor's Michael Schytz, Head of Fuel & Logistics. He will join two other senior executives from Spain's Generandi and Italy's Enviro on ‘The Return of Wood Chips as a Primary Fuel for Energy' panel. Together they will highlight the challenges of trading wood chips and analyze sustainability & logistical issues.
Other featured speakers are:
· John Bingham, Research Director, Hawkins Wright - Overview of the European Wood Pellet Market
· Peter Wilson, Executive Director, Sustainable Biomass Partnership - Sustainability: Progress of SBP & Potential Challenges for Suppliers
· Michael Christensen, Senior Trader, CM Biomass Partners - The Emergence of Russia as a Major Wood Pellet Supply Hub
· Jason Woods, Head of Biomass, Vattenfall - Premium Pellet Markets - update on the status of the EnPlus & heating market in Europe
· Thomas Meth, Executive VP, Sales & Marketing, Enviva - Future Role of Biomass in Europe: Is the Market Doing Enough to Defend Itself & Tell Its Story Against NGOs & Policymakers?
As a prelude to the summit, a pre-conference site visit to Dong Energy's Avedøre Power Station & Blue Point Pellet Production Facility is arranged on 22 Feb.
The Copenhagen summit is the only one of its kind that will provide an unbiased analysis of Europe's biomass demand and supply dynamics and is free of promotional presentations by vested companies.
For more information and detailed agenda, log on to Biomass Trade & Power Europe website http://www.cmtevents.com/aboutevent.aspx?ev=160213&pu=265391
Alternatively, email the event executive - Ms. Hafizah at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +65 6346 9218.