The Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA) has announced the winners of its 2017 SEPA Power Player Awards. Winners will be honored July 26 as part of SEPAs Grid Evolution Summit: A National Town Meeting in Washington, DC.
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA) has announced the winners of its 2017 SEPA Power Player Awards. Winners will be honored July 26 as part of SEPAs Grid Evolution Summit: A National Town Meeting in Washington, DC.
Chosen by an independent panel of seven judges with diverse experiences in the electric power industry, the 2017 SEPA Power Players are:
• Gil C. Quiniones, President and CEO of New York Power Authority, named Power Player of the Year
• Ouachita Electric Cooperative Corporation named Electric Cooperative Utility of the Year
• CPS Energy named Public Power Utility of the Year
• PSE&G named Investor-Owned Utility of the Year
• Stem named Innovative Partner of the Year
• Kansas City Power & Light, Nest and CLEAResult jointly named Change Agents of the Year
• Sustainable CUNY named Visionary of the Year
"Our 2017 SEPA Power Players all have fresh, exciting stories to tell about the potential for innovative projects and programs when utilities, partners and stakeholders work together on solutions needed to bring distributed energy technologies to consumers and the grid," said Julia Hamm, SEPA President and CEO. "This years winners provide ample evidence of the transformation in institutional culture and operational style taking root across our industry, driving change to the energy system that ultimately benefits all."
Brief profiles of the winners can be found here. Interviews with all winners can be arranged.
The Smart Electric Power Alliance is an educational nonprofit working to facilitate the utility industrys transition to a clean energy future through education, research, standards and collaboration. SEPA offers a range of research initiatives and resources, as well as conferences, educational events and professional networking opportunities. SEPA is founder and co-sponsor of Solar Power International and winner of the Keystone Policy Centers 2016 Leadership in Energy Award. For more information, visit www.sepapower.org.