Joint Letter from over 50 Solar PV Organizations raises Alarm about the Importance of PV Manufacturing in Europe
• Over 50 Companies/Organizations signed in less than a week • Solar photovoltaics (PV) is a sector of strategic importance for the EU economy, providing energy independence
Over 50 companies/organizations have signed a letter initiated by ETIP PV, EUREC and SOLARUNITED which is addressed to policymakers of all EU member states. The petition calls on political leaders to "help preserve a sustainable and globally competitive European PV manufacturing industry".
Due to recent developments, the PV industry is deeply concerned about loosing core parts of the value chain which affects all other parts and puts R&D activities and maintenance of EU's technological leading role at risk. The aim is to prevent loosing production sites in Europe and to keep PV's innovation ecosystem intact.
Together with the support of a unique R&D ecosystem this is the basis for the EU manufacturing industry to keep its significant technological advantage towards industrial followers outside Europe.
To maintain solar R&D in Europe, researchers and manufacturers called in the petition for urgent action in 7 requests.
• ACCELIOS Solar
• Allianz BIPV
• aurinka photovoltaic group
• Becquerel Institute
• BISOL Group
• Crosslux SAS
• Catalonia Institute for Energy Research
• Energy Restructuring Agency
• Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands
• EU ProSun
• eurac research
• European Energy Research Alliance
• Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE
• Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Systems and Device Technology
• Fraunhofer Center for Silicon Photovoltaics
• French research federation on Photovoltaics
• INES National Solar Energy Institute
• Institute of Research and Development on Photovoltaic Energy
• Institute for Solar Energy Research Hamelin (ISFH)
• Institute of Solar Energy of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
• Keen on Green!
• Lasercenter Munich University of Applied Sciences
• Lithuanian PV technology cluster
• Malta College of Arts Science and Technology
• Norwegian crystals
• Open Renewables
• PVA TePla
• Research Centre for Sustainable Energy (FOSS)
• Silicio FerrSolar
• Singulus Technologies AG
• Slovenian Photovoltaic Association
• Solliance Solar Research
• Solomya (SOLar cells and Mass spectrometrY Analysis)
• Solar United
• Spanish Photovoltaic Technology Platform
• University of Ljubljana
• University of Salford Manchester
• Valencia Nanophotonics Technology Center
• WIP Renewable Energies
• Photovoltaics and thin film electronics laboratory (PV-Lab) of EPFL
A PDF version of this letter can be downloaded www.etip-pv.eu/index.php
Sign the petition
Representatives of organizations that would like to publicly endorse the petition can send an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org containing a brief statement of endorsement, the organizations name, address, logo, and website and the details of a contact person. Please note that only the organizations logo, name and website will be visible on our list.