Innovations Push the Boundaries of Solar Panel Performance
SHANGHAI, April 27, 2015 - DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions (DuPont) is highlighting new advanced materials designed to improve the power output, reliability and return on investment (ROI) for solar energy systems during the SNEC Photovoltaic (PV) Power Expo, April 27 - 30, 2015, in Shanghai, China. The DuPont booth (W4-555) will feature two new DuPont Solamet photovoltaic metallization pastes for high-efficiency solar cells and collaborations with key customers. During 14 different leadership and technical forums, DuPont will share insights on the market, technology and the future of the solar energy industry.
China Power Investment (CPI) chose advanced materials from DuPont to help ensure optimal power output, reliability and ROI for the worlds largest (850 megawatt) on-grid solar farm in Longyangxia, China. Photo courtesy of CPI Haisheng Ding.
"DuPont continues to deliver innovative materials that help make solar cells more efficient, and solar panels more powerful and profitable long term," said Chuck Xu, global business director, DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions. "Our newest Solamet technology advances are particularly exciting as they continue to break down barriers to higher panel power performance."
Featured attractions in the DuPont booth include:
· Two new DuPont Solamet photovoltaic metallization pastes for high-efficiency solar cells, including Solamet PV19x frontside silver pastes and Solamet PV76x pastes for advanced PERC solar cell architectures. By improving the efficiency with which a solar cell converts sunlight to electricity, Solamet pastes help boost the power output of solar panels.
· High-efficiency solar panels based on the latest advances in Solamet pastes, including Yingli PANDA, Solartech Sapphire, and Jinko Eagle panels, as well as panels from China Power Investment (CPI) and China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection (CECEP), made using advanced materials from DuPont.
· DuPont Tedlar polyvinyl fluoride (PVF) film - the only backsheet material proven to protect solar panels in the field for more than 30 years even in extreme conditions.
· Panels from the extensive DuPont field testing program that demonstrate how materials selections can impact system performance and lifetime.
· Findings from the latest field research across China, the United States and Europe that indicate issues with current solar panel testing methods, and demonstrate the need for stronger standards to help ensure reliable performance over the lifetime of systems.
Leadership forums during SNEC where DuPont is participating include:
* Solar Leaders Dialogue, featuring panelist Chuck Xu, global business director, DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions
* Global PV Financial Summit 2015, featuring a keynote address and panel discussion with Walt Cheng, managing director, DuPont Electronics & Communications, Greater China
* Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Dialogue, featuring panelist Homer Antoniadis, global technology director, DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions
* OFweek Solar PV Summit 2015: Advanced Materials Help Make Solar Panels More Powerful, presented by Dr. Mike Barker, Asia Pacific R&D manager, DuPont Microcircuit Materials
DuPont technical and poster presentation topics at SNEC include:
* Improved Accelerated Test Methods for PV Module Service Life Prediction
* Advanced Materials Help Make Solar Panels More Powerful - New Frontside Silver Metallizations
* Electrically Conductive Adhesives for PV Applications
* Study on Snail Trails Formation and Water Ingression Using Accelerated Aging Methods
* Metallization-Related Module Durability - A Critical View of Metal Adhesion and its Impact on Module Long-Term Stability
* Failure Model and Analysis of Backsheets for Photovoltaic Modules
* Designing and Developing Advanced Materials for High-Performance Solar Cells
* Material and Process Development for Bifacial N-type Solar Cells
* Advancements in Understanding of Potential-Induced Degradation (PID)
* DuPont PV Polymer Mounting Systems for Easy Installation
Further details on DuPont presentations at SNEC can be found at http://www.dupont.com/products-and-services/solar-photovoltaic-materials/articles/2015-snec-pv-power-expo.html.
DuPont is the leading supplier of specialty materials to the solar energy industry, with advanced materials including DuPont Solamet photovoltaic metallization pastes and DuPont Tedlar polyvinyl fluoride films, designed to improve the power output, reliable lifetime and return on investment for solar energy systems. To learn more, please visit http://photovoltaics.dupont.com.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit www.dupont.com.